VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went shopping because delias was having a blowout sale and i thought i got a good deal on 2 shirts and a dress. i got home and they fit PERFECTLY. they felt so nice and i wanted to see what kind of material they were made of and then i saw the dreaded word duh duh duh 100% RAYON. s***!
i had a shirt befor that was rayon but i did not know that it was a problem fabric and i washed and when i pulled it out it was the size of a small childs shirt. luckily the internet told me to iron it while damp and i got it back to norma size but i declared i would never buy that crap again. well i forgot to read the labels.
i dont really want to iron my shirts everytime i wash them thats dumb and time consuming. why would they make such a dumb fabric. you cant get it wet or shrinks down to nothing

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Organic chemists invented rayon a couple of decades ago when it was too expensive (or rationed) to wear cotton clothing.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Are you making fun of my 70's polyester leisure suit?
polyester and rayon are different, aren't they? Polyester is all plasticy and rayon is all soft and silky.

That's my professional assessment. As a fiber artist. *nods solomnly*

·
Banned
136 Posts
So you know next to nothing about clothing/don't bother to read labels and now you're blaming others?

Quote:
i dont really want to iron my shirts everytime i wash them thats dumb and time consuming.

Well if you want to wear clothing that looks like it's been slept in that's your business.

Tell me-have been to been to a wedding or a funeral or a job interview with your slept in look?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Barilko View Post

So you know next to nothing about clothing/don't bother to read labels and now you're blaming others?

Well if you want to wear clothing that looks like it's been slept in that's your business.

Tell me-have been to been to a wedding or a funeral or a job interview with your slept in look?
Why so rude?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:

She said she doesn't want to do it every time she washes them. Most people don't go to weddings/funerals/job interviews every day.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

excuse me i dont wear clothes that look like theyve been slept in i dont read labels but apparently you dont read posts. why does everybody try to fight with me on here?
i believe i said because it shrinks in the wash the only way i could get my shirt back to the right size was to iron because I CANT PUT IT IN THE DRYER BECAUSE IT SHRUNK!! if i could put it in the dryer i wouldnt have had to iron it but putting it in the dryer wouldnt have gotten it back to its normal size. so thank you for thinking that im a retard but really i am not. but again thanks you were helpful. oh and i do know that rayon shrinks or i wouldnt have posted this but im just a moron so maybe i think shrinks means stays the same.
i got on this forum to have friendly people to chat with i guess i cant have freinds on here either because im just an idiot i guess you know everything though you must

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

and not all of my clothes are rayon anyways jsut so you know i have to wear a cotton tshirt to my pathetic retard job that only retards can do. do you iron all of your cotton tshirts?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

excuse me i dont wear clothes that look like theyve been slept in i dont read labels but apparently you dont read posts. why does everybody try to fight with me on here?

i got on this forum to have friendly people to chat with i guess i cant have freinds on here either because im just an idiot i guess you know everything though you must
Please don't get so upset. Alix and I defended you. Not everyone on this forum is rude. Statistically some people have to be though.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

oh and also i do know that you have to hand wash rayon. the first time was an accident and no i dont generally read labels if i can tell that its not silk or wool or leather. do you read all labels why dont you give me some pointers because i dont know what im doing dur dur dur

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Uh, was this directed at my post? Sorry, my 100% rayon dress has never shrunk, and I wash it every time I wear it. I bought it over 10 years ago, and it has never shrunk once. As with using the dryer, I only iron that dress if I want to wear it right away, as hanging it up after it's dry for a day or so makes the wrinkles magically disappear. I have other rayon items, never had them shrink, either.

I did not call you a moron, I was relating my own experience with rayon.
no that was to the person that thinks im stupid because i dont read labels and im an idiot because im not up to date on my textiles. and they think im a scumbag and i wear wrinkly clothes everywhere

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

Please don't get so upset. Alix and I defended you. Not everyone on this forum is rude. Statistically some people have to be though.
well i am upset because i got on this forum to have people to talk to because i have no friends. (i guess because i dont know about rayon) and this is like the 3rd time that someone told me that im stupid and attacked me. im not on here saying i love meat i said rayon shrinks and now i feel like the biggest moron ever. i hope whoever said that feels good about themselves because they just broke my spirit. i go htroguh this crap everysingle day. i got on this stupid forum so i didnt feel stupid but now i feel even stupider. i give up

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Quote:

well i am upset because i got on this forum to have people to talk to because i have no friends. (i guess because i dont know about rayon) and this is like the 3rd time that someone told me that im stupid and attacked me. im not on here saying i love meat i said rayon shrinks and now i feel like the biggest moron ever. i hope whoever said that feels good about themselves because they just broke my spirit. i go htroguh this crap everysingle day. i got on this stupid forum so i didnt feel stupid but now i feel even stupider. i give up
I hope you don't give up, there are occasional rude comments, but if you can see past them most people are very nice.

What I'm curious about is if the rayon would shrink each time. Like cotton shrinks, but then stops shrinking... I think I have maybe one rayon outfit and wear it so infrequently that I almost never wash it, so I don't have any rayon advice.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I keep reading this thread title as :"Who Invented This Crap Called Crayon?" and then I think "Why are people hatin' on crayons?? What did a crayon ever do to you people????"

I had some rayon shirts in the 90s. They were a pain in the a** because they always got wrinkled and it took forever to iron them out.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

I hope you don't give up, there are occasional rude comments, but if you can see past them most people are very nice.
I agree, don't give up! If you see the thread is mostly going in a positive direction, just give the snarkies one of these
and don't even bother trying to defend yourself!

·
Banned
136 Posts
Quote:

oh and also i do know that you have to hand wash rayon. the first time was an accident and no i dont generally read labels if i can tell that its not silk or wool or leather. do you read all labels why dont you give me some pointers because i dont know what im doing dur dur dur
Now you're saying you accidentally ruined the garment yet you posted a rant against the fabric maker-just who is at fault here?

Of course I read labels-how else would I know what I'm buying and whether or not I want it?

I worked for the money and want to be sure it's being well spent-does this make sense?

And just what is 'dur dur dur' anyway?

Quote:

and not all of my clothes are rayon anyways jsut so you know i have to wear a cotton tshirt to my pathetic retard job that only retards can do. do you iron all of your cotton tshirts?
FYI-equating yourself to a pathetic retard is bad for self esteem.

I don't iron my Tee Shirts No but other cotton & rayon shirts of course I do.

Classic Hawaiian Rayon Shirt

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Now you're saying you accidentally ruined the garment yet you posted a rant against the fabric maker-just who is at fault here?

Of course I read labels-how else would I know what I'm buying and whether or not I want it?

I worked for the money and want to be sure it's being well spent-does this make sense?

And just what is 'dur dur dur' anyway?

FYI-equating yourself to a pathetic retard is bad for self esteem.

I don't iron my Tee Shirts No but other cotton & rayon shirts of course I do.

Classic Hawaiian Rayon Shirt
you equated me to a pathetic retard. its awesome that you have never ruined a garment befor good for you for being a genius.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts