VeggieBoards banner

who has the Happy Herbivore cookbook by Lindsay Nixon?

3K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  Doktormartini 
I just got this last week, I loved all the pictures and the recipes sounded really good. Unfortunately I've been disappointed with what I've made so far. I threw out the black bean brownies they had a weird taste (maybe my bananas were Too ripe?) and I didn't like the single serve brownie either & I was really hoping to love it. The cornbread I didn't like by itself but was ok with blackeyed peas over it. I made the cinnamon banana toast crunch this morn & while it was good it was really sweet but I've been using sugarfree syrup lately so pure maple syrup was super sweet to me. The fettuccinni Alfredo was awesome after I adjusted the seasonings. I'm not ready to give up on this cookbook yet, I'm really wanting to make those cheese sauces and the burrito recipes. That pumpkin cheesecake looks awesome & the pumpkin bread too so maybe I'll try those next.

Much better luck with the loaded nachos & the nacho cheese sauce even tho it called for yellow miso & all I had was white, still turned out delish!
Just got thru making the apple crisp muffins - yum! It called for 1-1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour but I only had 1/2c left & had to use regular whole wheat flour for the rest but they still turned out great! Will definitely be making these again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.