VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love it. I feel healthy on the inside and out. I'm eating a lot better. I'm including a lot of grains, beans, veggies, and fruits into my diet than when I ate meat. I just love it. My mom hates it and makes up lies about my diet saying my hair is going to fall out. But, its not. She is so ignorant!!! I love shoving it into her face when she cooks a huge meat meal, and I walk by and make a veggie soup. Haha. Who is with me!!!!???

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I do, I do!

I feel better mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically.

Dance veggies Dance!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I amaze myself.

Prepare to be awed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I feel a whole lot better physically
and look better too!

I started for the sole purpose of reducing cholesterol, but the overall effect it had on how I felt made me think about it a lot more, and in the end I really feel I need to stick with it for both health and ethical reasons. It's pretty wild how you can just feel OK with eating meat one day, presumably guilt free, only to realize later that there is guilt. I'm not saying that's true of everyone, but was ultimately true of me.

So I have guilt, but not dwelling on it at all. Just moving forward you know, because what the heck else is there to do? The good feelings overwhelm the bad, so lump sum it is better for me this way than the previous way.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I've just realised recently that I don't feel sick all the time like I used to. I've been veg for a year now and I was just thinking back to when I used to feel nauseus all the time and I just don't anymore. I guess I can't say for sure that it's because I'm veg, but I don't know what else it would be.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Me me me me!!! I have way more energy and my skin is much much better. That REALLY makes me happy! My husband also has much less problems with his tummy; he loves it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do!

Already, after only one week, my headaches are going away. I used to get headaches on a daily basis and I've only had two in the past week.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I feel better, and know I'm doing something good for myself and animals. It is very rewarding, but I don't know if it's amazing. It's just the right thing to do.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

I feel better, and know I'm doing something good for myself and animals. It is very rewarding, but I don't know if it's amazing. It's just the right thing to do.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I feel so much better. I used to have a problem with IBS (embarrassing, I know) and now, I haven't had that problem for a couple months. It used to be almost every other week. So that is a huge plus!

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Saying that vegetarianism makes you feel amazing reminds me of articles about how kids are becoming overly narcissistic by people constantly telling them how "special" they are. I think this is the right thing to do, but I don't feel "amazing."

And I think shoving anything in anyone's face for any reason is extremely immature and gives vegetarians a bad reputation.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I'm with rabid_child. I feel I am doing the right thing with my life but I don't feel "amazing" because of it. Neither do I feel amazing when I give to charity or do volunteer work. It's just part of my life.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, I suppose in time the newness of how much better I feel will wear off and it will jsut seems normal. However, I can assure you that it is a physical well being I am feeling. I think it was about 3 or 4 days after the change in diet that I started feeling different, and I actually felt kind of relieved all over, the kind of relief that you feel after say, popping a massive pimple. I actually felt a little discomfort all over my body but relief at the same time. I mentioned this to my wife, and she simply reminded me that I was crazy. She's probably right, I just forget sometimes. After a day or so of that I just generally started feeling better. Another thing, I actually "look" better, and people have commented on it. I ahve not lost some tremendous amount of weight, I am not referring to looking better in that way. I'm just saying that I look better, more radiant, whatever you want to call it.

I haven't been so observant of it the last couple days, so I am sure it is just the novelty of it wearing off. Makes me wonder if I switched back to eating crap how quickly I would start feeling crappy.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

I'm with rabid_child. I feel I am doing the right thing with my life but I don't feel "amazing" because of it. Neither do I feel amazing when I give to charity or do volunteer work. It's just part of my life.
I would have said exactly the same thing until very recently. I don't know what has changed, but suddenly, I feel great - really great. I've been vegan for going on two years, and I honestly feel like I'm going back in time. My girlfriends have started asking me if I've lost weight, if I'm using Botox, if I'm doing something "different" - and it's only my diet. I have lots of energy, I rarely get sick, and my peri-menopausal symptoms have all but disappeared. It's been a sudden and significant change. And, of course, I have peace of mind - which perhaps may just soften wrinkles over time!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
If I knew I'd look and feel this great, I'd have gone back years ago! My mucles are getting more defined as the fat melts off, I have more energy, and my skin just glows!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts