VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
But did she list those reactions in the order that they occured to her? We can never know which came first....

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by aarealskei

You know, Tame...though one part of me says "run!", the other part of me (the not so sane part) is a bit intrigued by you...hmmm, I wonder if this is truly a sign of total and complete madness??
Ah, you are suffering the fate of most females. As with all others, you will overcome your fear and become truly enamored by the Tame One.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm sure that I'm suffering from something...but what, I have no clue. Again...I can't stress the word "insane" enough...

Oh, and Tame...if you are all that you claim to be, then this is for you....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi! I'm Fenguin, but back at VO my username was Marumm the Black.

I've been vegetarian for 3+ years for ethical reasons, and am currently studying Computer Information Systems at the Phoenix DeVry campus. I've got a serious girlfriend who is also a cute little vegetarian, and at some point in my life I would like to own a trampoline.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
So where / who is this guy?

Marumm

I have eat blood and drink some death, this is my virtue

Location Kaustinen Finland

Interests Black Metal

Occupation Black Metal singer in my group Syrpentor

What has happened to Marco??

The plot thickens...

·
Banned
559 Posts
if the gazumper is old school i'm almost old school. right? am i allowed to post nonsensical nonsense in this thread. tough luck i am even though yeah, i'm not cool enough to be reallllll old school. so be kind. and nice. and such.

i'll swipe kreeli's list too...

name: j funk

marital status: definitely not single. i have a hot climber man by my side for many years to come. ohh he makes me happy. like, flowers in my hair happy.

children: hell no.

education: i'll have my degree soon, after my ass gets beat a little more.

veg*n qualifications: been vegan eh, 5 plus years

hobbies: biking, hiking, backpacking, kayaking (preferably sea, some whitewater), drawing, sex is nice too, working out, cooking damn good food, yoga, writing, being sarcastic.

turn ons: my boyfriend is the essence of turn ons so i can't complain.

turn offs: typical american consumerism and convience, overconsumption, lack of justice, alcohol

fantasy: for my head only. i might get in trouble here.

that suck. where did my imagination go? that was so unexciting.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Since Funkmeister posted, I'm justified!

Not really old school 'cause I joined just this past November. But, I am in the top ten posters, so I probably should write a little sumpthin' since most of you's will be seeing my name quite a bit.

It all started the beginning of August 2002. I went to the County Fair. The day that changed my life...I saw 2 mommy pigs with their baby piglets. Oh so cute! I fell in love with them. One of the farmer dudes let me hold a piglet and I simply feel in love and wanted to take it home. Well, I get to work the next day and started looking for piglet wallpaper. That's when I happened across www.farmsanctuary.com.

Now, I've always been an animal lover. Just somehow never made the connection (guess I still had the blindfold on) from animal to slaughter to grocery store, etc.. The more I read and researched that day the more my heart ached. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. I knew I had to make a difference and it would begin with me. So, that day I went home and announce to my boyfriend that I'm a vegetarian.

I continued to read up on everything I could get my hands on. It seemed like I couldn't get enough information. At that point I was still eating cheese, yogurt, and sour cream. And I was still wearing my leather jacket.

The next turning point came in January of this year. I discovered where the junk comes from that's in cheese...it's not just milk (in all my readings that was the one thing that I didn't know). So, more research. I became vegan in the middle of January 2003. Gave away all my leather purses, shoes, belts, coats, etc to the Women's Shelter. Went through all my makeup, lotions, hair junk, etc and threw out all products that didn't agree with me anymore.

So, even though it feels like forever, this is still a fairly new road for me. Keep that in mind while reading my posts. And please feel free to guide me if I'm misinformed or if you have anything to share that may help me expand my horizons

VB is a wonderful place. Without it I wouldn't have learned a quarter of what I now know. And most everyone here is respectful and patient. Two thumbs up!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
For the record, if you consider yourself old school, you are. If someone else considers you old school, you are.

I put this up so that newbies would have some info about active posters.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yeah, but how many cards can you make for $2.32 ?

And we all know the Tame card would be the collectors' item!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well, since I see people who joined around the same time as me posting here, I guess I'll post too. Lets see...

I'm Liz, vegetarian for about 6 months. I'm a first grade teacher. I love the beach. My hobbies include reading, writing, playing volleyball, white water rafting, spending time w/my friends & family & of course, spending time w/my wonderful boyfriend
I'm also pretty into country music (yeah, I know, some of you are laughing, but thats okay.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey i'm steve, i've been vegetarian for about 9 months. i'm 13 years old, and i have no interest in animal rights, etc. i miss the old vegweb, but this is pretty cool toO!

41 - 60 of 273 Posts