261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary View Post

Old School

\t

Anything that is from an earlier era and looked upon with high regard or respect. Can be used to refer to music, clothing, language, or anything really.
I keep seeing new members posting intro's here. This thread's more for former members who've returned after a hiatus. It makes me sad when people put their intro here and not the Introduce Yourself area (located here http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/f...splay.php?f=21 ) . You would get a much warmer welcome and your posts would be much more widely viewed there.

That being said, welcome to those who've just joined.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry I posted here. I realized after, that there are two separate posting areas for introductions. I was going to re post in the new area, but I figured this might cause a problem with double posting. I'm new at this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all! I am rudie,35-vegetarian since 2000. Figured might as well start that mug off right(damn that food is soooooo good!) we only live in the aughts every so often. I don't speak computer so well so please bear with me if i double post i truly am sorry please no whippings. I have decided i will read blogs but i do not blog or tweet or im(embracing as much as i can and trying not to get dumped off the back of the technology age)after all i just got my first cell phone 2 mos. ago! I had to move to Montana to become a vegetarian???? Though i am visiting my family in Delaware for the summer! I am single, girls love to flirt with my beard, but i'm not so sure they love the beard....no matter i do. Some of my passions are bicycles in all their glorious forms, international futbol(and all that goes with), community, being in nature and obviously cooking and enjoying vegan and vegetarian food with friends and family! Alright, alright time to wrap this biddy up....i do have a secret though.....I LOVE THE BACKYARDIGANS......DUHN, DUHN, DUHNNNN!! HAHAHAHAHA....That show slays me. Well i'm looking forward to being an active member of Veggie Boards and communicating with you all over time. Thanks for being here! Questions? Comments! get at me....

LOVE,

rudie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm Silda. I live in Albuquerque, NM, USA. I am interested in advocating for vegetarian options at school. I'd like to hear about vegetarian gatherings around the world or the USA. This is my first post, just joined.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi I'm Ming-Wai, I'm 21 and live in the UK.

Personality wise people tend to say I'm funny (laugh at me more than with me type of way. I think they mean), sarcastic (sometimes it can get a bit much apparently, so don't be offened if it pops up), more of a listerner than a main talker (so possibly boring, unless it's a subject that I can really contribute to).

I have 2 sisters (one older) 1 brother (youngest) and my mutt Bruno(1yr and 2months, with a typical boxer name).

I became a vegetarian in July 2008, Vegan in August 2008 after watching a video I came across on PETAs website (meet your meat).

I joined VB because whilst I was reading some threads I found them very interesting and fun to read. But most of all really helpful on veg*n issuses, as there is no one around me I can talk to about them, without some irrelavant comment coming my way.

I'm just glad I finally found this site.

Sorry for the over share.

PEACE

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello there, everyone!

My name is Valeria Larissa and I just recently returned to VB and have become a contributing member. I have been a vegan for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the lifestyle choice I made. Prior to this past year of being vegan I was a vegetarian since birth. I've never enjoyed eating meat, eggs, but cheese...well, let's just say I have had a love affair with it for many, many years. LOL. However, since becoming a vegan I haven't had any urges to return to vegetarianism and in fact have enjoyed a lot of raw foods, more so than ever before.

I am married to a wonderful man who is supportive and loves me unconditionally for who I am. He and I are complete opposites though...and when I say complete, I mean it in every sense of the word. He is an omnivore but occasionally I treat him to a vegan meal and/or snack here and there. I'm not sure that I could ever convert him...but I will never back down from trying (of course, in a very loving way...hehehe).

I am currently working on obtaining a graduate degree from the University of Phoenix - online. I am pursuing a masters of clinical psychology. My husband was also a student at the University of Phoenix - online and just this past week has graduated with his Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology.

The reason for returning to VB is to learn from others as I walk through life as a vegan. I want to make new friends and offer support and kindness whenever given the chance. I love life and all living beings and look forward to meeting all of you! I may show as being online for the majority of the day and night because, quite frankly, I am always online studying. I am also a full-time nanny of 4 young children.

I look forward to your replies and keeping you as friends in this grand journey of life.

Peace and Hugs,

Valeria Larissa

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Sorry, you've got about 10 more years to go.

Even I have only been on VB for approaching eight years!

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
wow my post here is like....4 years old!??!?!?!? and i was OLD SKOOL THEN?!

okay...so...we'll try again....

I am Kenickie, was once Rebel Girl...

uh. veg*n, currently having a complicated romance with fellow OLD SKOOLER otomik, i've been posting on this board since I was 14. I am now 20. DAMN. 6 YEARS.

I'm Sevenseas secret agent lover, and Gnome Chomsky's pharmacist.

yah heard?

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
wow my post here is like....4 years old!??!?!?!? and i was OLD SKOOL THEN?!

okay...so...we'll try again....

I am Kenickie, was once Rebel Girl...

uh. veg*n, currently having a complicated romance with fellow OLD SKOOLER otomik, i've been posting on this board since I was 14. I am now 20. DAMN. 6 YEARS.

I'm Sevenseas secret agent lover, and Gnome Chomsky's pharmacist.

yah heard?

261 - 273 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.