VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good question. I am Heidi, living in Chirstchurch New Zealand, the city that rocks. And have always had vegan leanings. Look forward to stay inspired by reading threads on this forum. I find it hard to keep things exciting for school lunches. I hope to be inspired.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Yes, welcome!

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Belated welcome, Heidi! New Zealand sounds like such a nice place to live, except for the quakes, that is!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidimnz View Post

Good question. I am Heidi, living in Chirstchurch New Zealand, the city that rocks. And have always had vegan leanings. Look forward to stay inspired by reading threads on this forum. I find it hard to keep things exciting for school lunches. I hope to be inspired.
Thanks guys - if you want a country that is very laid back, where we are a little behind the rest of the world in - NZ is your place. Not many vegetarians here but I see more and more veggie brands coming out. Had Linda McCartney's pies for dinner this evening. Probably not the healthiest from a purist point of view - but pretty tasty for being tvp based.

Are you all from big brother America?

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidimnz View Post

Thanks guys - if you want a country that is very laid back, where we are a little behind the rest of the world in - NZ is your place. Not many vegetarians here but I see more and more veggie brands coming out. Had Linda McCartney's pies for dinner this evening. Probably not the healthiest from a purist point of view - but pretty tasty for being tvp based.

Are you all from big brother America?
Behind the rest of the world is not always a bad thing
I'm from Norway - I imagine it's a bit similar to NZ geography-wise. My wife is American though.

Have you seen the Peter Jackson movies Bad Taste and Braindead? Watching those movies were my "first impressions" of NZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol - have not seen those two but did sit thru King Kong and Lord of the Rings. We live about 2 hours away from some of the spots where Lord of the Rings was made. Is it not unusual for a Norweigin to be vegetarian? My sister-in-law is Danish and she thinks I am pretty strange for not eating dead animals!

Has your wife adjusted to the size of Norway compared to the mighty US?

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Vegetarianism and veganism are perhaps a little unusual, yes, esp. up in backwardsland where I'm from. I lived in Oslo for several years while studying at uni; I felt a little less like an outcast there since there were vegetarian restaurants etc. Anyways, we live in England now, which is pretty decent veggie-wise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts