VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm looking for a vegan whipped cream.. i've heard of something called hip whip but apparently that is not sold anywhere within at least a few hours of me.... i've tried a couple recipes but they just didn't turn out right.. i'm looking for something that's light and fluffy.. preferably not in a can (though i'll take tjose suggestions to) if it's already made, and fairly easy to make so someone who is not very good like me can whi it up if it's a recipe... anyone got any ideas?? thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
What recipes have you tried? Frankly I wasn't nuts about hip whip. I am beginning to think that light and fluffy is not possible without dairy, but I'm willing to keep trying. There is a recipe in The Everyday Vegan that I am going to try, Ill let you know.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi, I have eaten Hip Whip. It is faily good, but expensive and it is not as light and fluffy as real whipped cream. Don't sweat it, that you can't find it.

There is a recipe in The New Farm Vegetarian cookbook for whipped cream, for a lemon pie...I just omit the lemon and it works great for other pies. PM me if you would like the recipe...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by oneness

i have a friend who makes cashew whipped cream and he says it is awesome..

i did a search and found these.

http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/whippedcream.html

http://dinnercoop.cs.cmu.edu/dinnerc...ppedCream.html

let us know if they are good if you try them.
ok.. i made the first recipe but i made it with the almonds.. the consistency was excellent... i put in the vanilla but not the maple syrup.. it tasted ok.. a little nutty.. i didn't want it to ne too sweet though.. actually, i just sampled it a little when i was making it, i'm going to refridgerate it overnight and probaby have it with some fruit tomorrow

and again thanks everyone for your help!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i know this is an old post but i just wanted to reply and say thanks. i was specifically looking for a vegan whipped cream recipe. never would have found one without you all. im going to try the cashew one soon.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
If you ever want something foamy and whipped cream like to put on hot cocoa or coffee, very chilled silk soymilk in the food processor for 30+ seconds always works well

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Awwww...I like Hip Whip...or maybe I've just grown to like it because I'm too lazy to make anyhing myself!! They usually have it at larger natural food stores, taht's where I get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.