VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a LOOOOONG time since I bought and used tofu, and I'm in a different state now, so I'm forgetting what I used to know.

Isn't Silken tofu the kind that is usually in the aisle with the asian sauces and noodles? (and why can't I find it??)

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I'll keep looking!
At least I know I'm not losing my mind completely~ it's seriously been 6-7 years since I worked with it last. Must buy some cheesecloth while I'm at it.... Or is that more for the water-packed?

Feel like a newbie, LOL

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

You could buy cheesecloth or you could just wrap the curd style in a clean dishtowel and press it under a heavy weight (a plate of some sort with a couple of large cans on it should do the trick). If you try to press silken style, you'll have a right mess on your hands.
Good to know!
I figured it was to get the water out of the water-packed version... but who knows. It's been forever~ Not sure I ever did find silken tofu, though I do remember looking for it way back when. Here's hoping I can find it here!

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does specify "silken" on the packaging, right? I looked and looked at what I could find, and didn't see that word anywhere. Then the kids started to lose it so I headed for the counter. Hmmmm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.