VeggieBoards banner

which one, a car key or a fork, contribute more to global warming?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wedigfood 
#1 ·
I recently posted this to my blog, thought I would ask here.

It's not the one that starts a car. According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, animal agribusiness contributes to global warming even more than transportation does. Reducing the amount of meat, eggs and dairy products, (please reduce to none!), in your diet is one of the most effective ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

#2 ·
Of course animal products. They require fuel to collect/transport the grains/water to the lifestock, fuel to heat the building, fuel to remove feces, fuel to slaughter, fuel to ship the animal flesh to the store, fuel to run the refrigerators to keep the animal flesh from going bad, fuel to cook the animal flesh, fuel to run the corrupt medical industry, etc...

#4 ·
I couldn't agree more with both of the statements above. Not only should we move completely over to a vegan food source, we should, like Europe, specifically Germany, move as fast as possible with solar, wind and conservation. Coal is a poison. Read Gray Mountain by John Grisham, just came out, captivating novel, build around the travesty of the coal industry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.