VeggieBoards banner

Which Messaging Program Do You Recommend?

• AOL Instant Messenger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSN Messenger

• Other .. Please List

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have Yahoo! Messenger and it's sounds annoyed the hell out of me.. that and the fact that I get most of my junk emails from Yahoo addresses I don't use it anymore.

ICQ used to be easy to use but now has lots of bells and whistles.. as does AOL's instant messenger.

I've never used MSN or heard of anything else so I thought I'd check and see what you guys use and like most often.

HELP ME DECIDE!! I need more chat in my life!

Thanks

Courtney

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've used MSN and like that. Of course, I've only used that and AIM (which I only use for a roleplay), so I really can't tell you much. MSN doesn't have those stupid sounds, though, for one. I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stonecrest

it's really not that hard to check the box that disables them..
Yes, I know. But on my computer, once you log out of one and back into it, it sets everything back to default. Maybe it's just my computer. *shrugs*

·
Registered
0 Posts
I use them all...... I have trillian too...

But I don't use msn on trillian.. That would just piss me off!! I use msn most.. Its my favourite....

and plus I don't really have many people on my other lists... and I dont know any of them...

Danny

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Another vote for Trillian. It lets you access them all.

(Although I'm not using Trillian on this PC, I use Y!IM, MSNIM, and AIM on this PC, all separately.)

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Peebs

I use ICQ exclusively (58599595), but I may switch to Trillian if it is better than it was a few years ago.
heh.. i said the same exact thing and tried trillian again about two months ago.. i found it was a little bit better but not by much. needless to say, i'm still not using it
i only use aim and irc though.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Of course, DD. I love ICQ typewriter noise.

Trillian was a bit of a pain a few years ago, and it has improved greatly. I use it for the simplicity of using one program for in the past I would have all 5 open. Yes... all five.

I would love for trillian to upgrade their file sending, connecting, camera, and font type and color functions.

(I should point out that I think AIM is the best program)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I'm going to try to have AOL and ICQ .. then I can build up some friends and later on try out Trillian. I love the little sounds ICQ has while the ones from AIM and Yahoo get on my nerves

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Count me as another Trillian fan. 5 chat programs in one application - Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, IRC and AOL. I can chat on veggieboards instead of trying to get that @#$ java client to work and still be available for everyone else that uses everything else without killing my resources in the process.

Yea, they sucked in the past but they don't anymore. Check it out at www.ceruleanstudios.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts