VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I agree with Limes, Indian food all the way. After that I'd have to go with Mexican and Italian.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Italian. With Indian coming in second, then Mexican.
We are agreed on the big three!

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

We are agreed on the big three!
Woot! I'm not a huge fan of any cuisine east of Indian, so that knocks out a bunch. I like Japanese and Thai a little bit (very specific dishes), but I really dislike Chinese food.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Ethiopian, then Chinese (authentic none of this American stuff), Indian...

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Indian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, American Northwest locatarian (hey, it's where I live), Italian...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It is very hard to choose. I used to say Italian hands down, but after working in a pizza restaurant for a year I am really put off of pizza, but pasta dishes are still probably my favourite. I really like Indian food too, but not too spicy. And being a Brit I must say we do the best desserts.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Indian, Mediterranean, and Mexican! LOVE curries and curry powder!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
So far EVERYONE has mentioned Indian food in their post. I think that says something

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Plain old American food leaves a lot to be desired in the seasoning dept. I try to explain the differences to people. Americans eat a meat, potato, and vegetable, usually not very seasoned, except some salt and pepper..(generalized statement of course, but pretty accurate)

Indian food on the other hand uses many spices and herbs, and has complex flavors on different levels. Mexican is just the bomb though, with chili powder and cumin

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

So far EVERYONE has mentioned Indian food in their post. I think that says something
So far no one has mentioned my nation of birth, which leads me to believe they've never had a good marmalade crumpet or beans on toast.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Indian is my #1 by a country mile followed by Middle Eastern (think hommus, babaganoush, tabouleh, falafel, fresh lavash bread, warm olives) and Mexican.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

Plain old American food leaves a lot to be desired in the seasoning dept. I try to explain the differences to people. Americans eat a meat, potato, and vegetable, usually not very seasoned, except some salt and pepper..(generalized statement of course, but pretty accurate)

Indian food on the other hand uses many spices and herbs, and has complex flavors on different levels. Mexican is just the bomb though, with chili powder and cumin
Oh yes, I would try to live on those two foods exclusively if I didn't already know what awful things that would do to my digestion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Liveing in California I'm a huge fan of latin food. Next would probably be italian. I haven't tried a lot of indian food so I'm trying quite a few this month. Also trying some Chinese dishes.

Audrey

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Indian and england. England because by joe we do comfort food like no one else, and I'm ALL about the comfort food. Indian is obvious.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts