VeggieBoards banner

Which 2007 Movie Release Are You Most Looking Forward To?

• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

• Spiderman III

• Shrek the Third

• The Simpsons movie

• Something else entirely

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, in this order: HP and the OOTP, Shrek the Third, Spiderman III, POTC III: At World's End, and The Simpsons Movie.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
:

<---walks up behind Misq and points wand and says "Petrificus totalus!"

That'll teach you!

I am totally looking forward to OOTP. The battle at the end better be good!!!

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Something else entirely would be good...I don't know what that is though. I'm kind of bored with movies lately because they rarely surprise me anymore.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I'm very excited about the 3rd pirates movie, as well as the Simpsons movie and Spiderman.

I haven't seen all of the HP movies, but this one looks pretty intense.

Shrek 3 looks like a renter to me.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
I don't get why adults are into HP.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't like it at all as I like some stuff that's meant for kids too, just genuinely curious about what the particular attraction is. Can anyone explain to me why they like it. Is it special effects, the stroryline or what?

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
i always rent. so, whatever shows up at the house first.

i'll go with: harry potter, shrek, pirates, somethingelseentirely, spiderman, simpsons.

as for the somethingelseentirely, i'm not really sure what all is coming out this year.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't like it at all as I like some stuff that's meant for kids too, just genuinely curious about what the particular attraction is. Can anyone explain to me why they like it. Is it special effects, the stroryline or what?
Have you ever read the books?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nobody voted for Shrek?
Oh, c'mon! He's big! He's green! He's cranky! He's lovable! What's not to look forward to?

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottsMom View Post

Pan's Labyrinth. I saw the making of on Bravo last night and now I'm extremely excited
it also looks like the most beautiful movie of all time. screw the other ones. except for the simpsons. i'd go see that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

I (an adult) am excited about the HP movies because the books rock, that's why! Not necessarily that the movies themselves are good (I have some issues with 'em... they are definately oriented more toward children than adults---much more so than the books) but for me it's more of a nod of solidarity to the whole HP world.

I just hope they don't mess this one up!!

Edited to add: Also, as to why I like the books, besides the fact that the woman can actually tell a great story (rare in popular literature today), I tend to like stories about boarding school. Go figure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I voted for Spider-Man 3, but I'm also looking forward to Fantastic Four, Transformers, Ghost Rider, The Invincible Iron Man and Dr Strange. The last two are straight to DVD movies.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

it also looks like the most beautiful movie of all time. screw the other ones. except for the simpsons. i'd go see that.
I was thinking the same thing
great minds think alike I suppose

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I dunno if it's coming in 2007 or much later (probably later), but the new flick written and directed by the guy who wrote ESOTSM and Adaptation (why the **** can't I remember his name now? Kaufman something) is the movie I am awaiting the most, absolutely.

eta: I think his name is Charlie Kaufman

1 - 20 of 45 Posts