VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lying in bed this morning and heard my cat meowing but I heard my fiancee talking to her so I figured no big deal. She's usually very vocal, so she was probably just mushing up to him for some treats or something. Then I heard my fiancee go "uh...Stace...you might want to come in here."

Ugh, great. Literally 5 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen and found him sitting on the floor by the fridge, and one of my kitties lying down in front of the fridge. As I get closer, I saw that she got her paw stuck under the fridge and it wouldn't come out! My other cat was sitting across the room, eyes real wide watching her like crazy, wondering what in the world is going on.

It took us over half an hour to finally get her out; we even called up a relative who was sleeping and had him drive almost all the way here before we had to call him back up and tell him we got her out.

It's funny now, considering that when we got our other cat (the one that was watching us fuss with the other one's paw), first thing he did was bolt right behind the fridge, then the stove and wedged himself in there good!

So that got me thinking, where's the weirdest place you've ever found your pet? It doesn't have to be a time they got stuck somewhere, and preferably not hurt, just anywhere strange that your pet decided would be a great idea to hang out in!

Note: No animals were harmed during the inspiration of this post. Just slightly afraid of refrigerates now.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I had a kitten that accidentally got in the pot and pan cupboard while my dad was cooking dinner. I was packing up to go back to my mom's, heard the cat meowing, but could find him. I opened a cupboard to get something for my dad, and Taz stared at me, went MEOW! and then ran out of the cupboard. This cat also decided he liked to hang out in sinks and bathtubs during the summer (he's half Persian, half Himalayan and one big fluffball).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Alainn is always squeezing herself in weird places. Several times I've found her sleeping in closed drawers. One time, I zipped up a suitcase to put it away, then several hours later heard meowing coming from the closet. Guess who had been sleeping in the suitcase?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those stories are adorable! Before we filled up all our drawers with things, my cats hopped inside some of the lower ones, then when they jumped out, it slammed the drawers shut. It scared all of us the first time!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Oh, that reminds me! Shadow (the very first cat I had) liked to get into my dresser drawers when they were open. I was putting away clothes one time, didn't notice she had gone in my dresser, so I shut the bottom one. I opened the top one, and she popped out. I had to keep her out of my dresser, which wasn't easy to do.

Chrystal used to manage to squeeze herself into a chair. It was wooden, and once you took the back cushion off, you could see an opening. She managed to knock the back cushion off, squeeze herself in there and nap.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
When we had the cat at the library, she liked to sit on top of the printer. Then she got offended when somebody would print, glared at the printer, and then usually came over to sit on my lap.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, my cat does that sometimes with the tv. We just built a new tv stand and it has shelves underneath for electronic and stuff. Well we have one shelf empty that he likes to lay in. But when the tv gets too loud or if it startles him, he looks at us as if we made it louder on purpose lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Years ago, in my old house, one of my cats got under the cupboard under the sink. There was a small opening inside at the bottom where the pipes went through, and she somehow got in there. I don't remember how we got her out, I think she just came out on her own, but we had to keep the bathroom door closed after that.

She also loves hiding under blankets. Though I think she might like doing that because I used to tuck her in if she was lying down next to me on my bed. xD

·
Registered
67 Posts
My hamster escaped the room when I was letting her run around and we couldn't find her. During the night we hear scratching and biting and couldn't figure it out. We looked really hard and it turned out she had gotten behind the drier and through the crack between the wall and the heat vent. She was crawling around in the floor! She wouldn't come out until the next day when we held her water bottle near the opening, she was very dusty and thirsty.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
My cat once got inside my dresser. She must have crawled into a drawer and then crawled behind the drawer. I couldn't find her for a long time, she didn't even make any noise!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randa View Post

My hamster escaped the room when I was letting her run around and we couldn't find her. During the night we hear scratching and biting and couldn't figure it out. We looked really hard and it turned out she had gotten behind the drier and through the crack between the wall and the heat vent. She was crawling around in the floor! She wouldn't come out until the next day when we held her water bottle near the opening, she was very dusty and thirsty.
Oh man! That just reminded me of the time I took my mice out of their cage to clean it. I put them in this tall container thing because I had a cat at the time and didn't want them running out of my room. When I was done, I went to get them from the container and they were gone! the container was still standing upright, so they must have jumped, grabbed on to the edge, and pulled themselves up and over the side lol Very athletic mice!

·
Registered
888 Posts
One of my cats just loves adventure. I heard meowing once when i was in my room and eventually went and opened my curtains and she was outside my window (I'm a storey up) also on the roof, in a suitcase, in dresser drawers and up trees.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My cat once tried to climb into the oven while I was taking a cake out. Luckily I saw and pushed her out of the way. Not the smartest thing she ever did.

I used to have a hamster that managed to get inside the couch once; my mother had to cut the couch open to get her out!

I often find my Siamese curled up in my sock drawer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_charm View Post

One of my cats just loves adventure. I heard meowing once when i was in my room and eventually went and opened my curtains and she was outside my window (I'm a storey up) also on the roof, in a suitcase, in dresser drawers and up trees.
hahaha, that reminded me of an incident everyone laughs at me for. I had a turtle that would walk around on the floor. Someone left the porch door open when he was out and she walked out onto the porch and down the stairs outside. Everyone laughs because my turtle ran away....very slowly.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The very first night I got my kittens, one of them decided to give me a heart attack and snuck into the bottom drawer of my night stand. He climbed in from under it and fell asleep in there while I was having a panic attack trying to find him. He also likes to squeeze into my pillow shams and both my boys have a go to hiding spot in my boxspring.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
One of my cats accidentally ran into my neighbour's house when she was a kitten. He came round to say that she was in his bedroom on top of his wardrobe miaowing at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoddess View Post

My cat once tried to climb into the oven while I was taking a cake out. Luckily I saw and pushed her out of the way.
Thank goodness! I am paranoid about my cats going into my oven, my husband says I worry too much but I'm going to tell him what happened to you.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
My Pug gets stuck in my brothers' toy boxes all the time. He feels entitled to all the stuffed animals he finds, so I guess he climbs in and starts playing with them and falls asleep at the bottom of the toy box because we find him in there chewing/sucking on a toy fast asleep.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoddess View Post

My cat once tried to climb into the oven while I was taking a cake out. Luckily I saw and pushed her out of the way. Not the smartest thing she ever did.
My ex once brought home a stray that did that. The cat was crazy. She would always try to get into everything. The oven, the fridge, the cabinets, the dressers, shower, washer, dryer, sinks, and even on top of the stove while I was cooking!!! Whenever I was in the kitchen so was she waiting to jump onto/into something. I always feared that one day she would sneak by me and make it into one of those more dangerous places.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Our cat scared the crap out of us the other night when he disappeared after I chinchilla-proofed the bottom of our bed with cardboard and duct tape so he couldn't crawl under there and chew things. Turns out the cat somehow got in there while I was taping things up and then didn't make any noise at all.

I wouldn't have gotten scared except we shook the bag of kitty kibbles all around the house and that didn't make him come running, that usually means disaster! But then I saw the cardboard at the bottom of the bed moving like it was breathing and he came running out when I untaped it

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.