VeggieBoards banner

Where would you be without veggieboards?

• I'd still be vegetarian.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd still be vegan.

• I wouldn't still be vegetarian.

• I wouldn't still be vegan.

• Other/not sure (I will explain)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about it, and I realised that without veggieboards I probably wouldn't still be vegetarian. Vb has helped me in every aspect of being vegetarian, from health to social issus.

Where would you be without vb?

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Probably not a vegan, a lot more ignorant (not just about veg*n issues), and a whole lot less mature. Not to mention without a ton of amazing friends.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I was vegan for a bunch of years before losing sight of why I was vegan and eating some eggs and dairy.

Coming back here and reading posts by people like Diana, meatless, and troub made me remember why I was a vegan in the first place.

So thanks to them and thanks to VB I went back to my veganly ways!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'd still be vegetarian, but I probably wouldn't be as close to vegan as I am now. I didn't know a lot of things about the egg and dairy industries before I came to VB.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm not sure if I would have stuck to vegetarianism, or considered going vegan without VB. It would have probably been until I was on my own that I went veg and stuck with it.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
VB was absolutely what kept me veggie. I've had a love/hate relationship with this place, but we wouldn't be vegheads without it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been a reader of the boards long before I ever joined. If it hadn't been for the information here, I don't think I would have stayed veggie. I became a vegetarian for health reasons, but through this board and its people I have found there are many more reasons for this lifestyle. It is, in large part, what keeps me committed. This board is also why I am slowly eliminating the items from my diet that separate me from being vegan.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
I dont come to VB for advice or support so I would still be a vegetarian whether it existed or not. But it's a good place to hang out and read some veggie braincandy. And certain members make me laugh

·
Registered
998 Posts
Maybe still a vegetarian, it pushed me the extra step to becoming a vegan after learning the cheese I was eating probably had rennet in it and I felt guilty and disgusted.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I probably wouldn't be vegan right now...

I mainly went into vegetarianism for the health aspects, but after posting here for a while, I really learned a LOT. I became determined to one day go vegan and I'm glad that I made the transition so fast and relatively effortlessly. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Still be vegetarian. (ie, not going the vegan direction)

I may have done that on my own later, but it is much easier getting advice for products I need to replace, etc. And the support is always good.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I have been a vegetarian long before i found this site,but i have still learned a lot here and i think that i am a healthier veg because of a lot of the people here.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha View Post

I'd still be vegetarian, but I probably wouldn't be as close to vegan as I am now. I didn't know a lot of things about the egg and dairy industries before I came to VB.
Me too.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
When I registered, I was happily l/o. I started reading on VB about the egg and dairy industries, plus the possible health consequences of continuing to eat eggs and dairy, and decided to try veganism. I'm still trying, not perfect or anything, but if I hadn't found VB, I'd still be l/o.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts