VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GF and I will be taking a four day vacation toward the end of November and have no idea where we want to go. We're from central Illinois and don't mind flying. We'd like to keep it reasonably priced and go somewhere with good public transportation.

Any suggestions?

We're thinking about Boston so if you have opinions on that we'd like to hear them.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Since you mentioned Boston in November, I take it warm weather is not a priority.

Are you into museums, historical landmarks, national parks, amusement parks, hiking, shopping or just lounging? Narrow it down a bit for us.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Atlanta, GA. I had a lot of fun up there last year and I would go again if I could.

If not, then NY is good, if you havent been there.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Midway direct to Phoenix is usually very cheap. This is the perfect time for the Grand Canyon, if you don't mind renting a car.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hey come to L.A.! The public transportation around here isn't the greatest, but I'll be happy to drive you guys around, as long as it's on the weekend! And you can find out why we SoCalers like Real Food Daily so much!
It's a good excuse for another SoCal meetup.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
I can't recommend Atlanta in November, as much as I would like for you to come down here. Public transportation is okay, but other than the aquarium I really can't see much of a reason to come here.

Boston is nice, but November is a little rough.

I would recommend San Francisco. Hop the trolleys and have fun.

·
Registered
0 Posts
never underestimate the intense drawing power of the Garden State.

seriously, Cape May NJ is full of victorian arcitechture(sp?) restarants and shops, and the weather is great right now. and it's right on the ocean.
whale watching!

or try Baltimore! i had fun when i was there.

i'm in Portland OR right now, and it's really nice here.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

Midway direct to Phoenix is usually very cheap. This is the perfect time for the Grand Canyon, if you don't mind renting a car.
Obviously I wasn't paying attention. Scratch the Grand Canyon. The mass transit sucks!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking DC. The Smithsonian museums would be fun to see together, I'd think.

Or, San Francisco. You just can't go wrong with SF. Or Seattle.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Northeast is a crap shoot at the end of November, with respect to weather. I'll second San Fran.

If you are interested in vegetarian restaurants, Portland is the only place where you can go to over a dozen that are within a couple of miles of each other, and we have food fight. We also have the Japanese gardens, the Chinese garden, the rose test garden the Rose Garden (home of the trailblazers) and probably the highest per capita number of movie theaters that serve alcohol.

Oh yeah, we definately have the highest number of strip clubs per capita, not sure if the gf is in to that.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Boston is wonderful! DH and I spent several days there last year, and it's such a cool city. It probably won't be super cold in November - but, hey, you're from Ill. so it wouldn't be such a big deal if it is. (But beware, there are lobster rolls everywhere!!!!)

Seriously, the combination of history, cool colleges, great arts, and great restaurants - I certainly hope to go again.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
If you don't mind cold weather, come to Calgary

We have great transit in the downtown area, fun museams, a revolving tower with a glass floor, some great veggie restaurants and I would personally drive you out to Banff to see the rockies and all amazing stuff out there.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
When I vacay I love chilling out on an island, preferably Jamaica or the Bahamas, especially in Nov.

ETA: Jamaica is also primarily vegetarian so that's an added bonus.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
What's your goal? To get away and relax? To sightsee? To be pampered like the pretty princesses you are?

Cruises are always fun, and they aren't as expensive as you'd think.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts