VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be attending an event at the end of May at a hotel at 601 North Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling IL. I'll have a rental car, but I don't know if I'll have time to go too far from the hotel for food, so I'm trying to plan ahead for restaurants right in that area. Any suggestions?

--Fromper

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

http://pita-inn.com/

Went there once, it's pretty good! Mediterranean fast food.
Looks good, and not far from where I'll be. Thanks for the suggestion!

For some reason, searching for nearby restaurants on Google maps didn't do much. But I'm just zooming in on the shopping plazas on the map now to see what restaurants show up, and I'm finding stuff. For instance, this sushi place: http://www.sushigallery.net/ It looks a little expensive for a quicky lunch, but if I have time for a sit down and want to go with other people from my event, it could work, and they have a vegetable combo on the menu.

There's also a pizza place in the same shopping plaza as the sushi place. And there's a Burger King further west on Dundee - in case of emergency, their veggie burger is edible and portable.

--Fromper

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That's like 20-30 minutes away from my house
I have never eaten around there, but if I think of places nearby I will let you know.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I second the Pita Inn suggestion. I eat at the one in Skokie all the time. Super good.
I'm actually going to be staying with my sister in Skokie, but I'll be attending the event in Wheeling. So when I do eat out, it'll be in and around the event, which is why I need restaurants in Wheeling. In Skokie, I'll either be eating at my sister's house, or she'll know places to go (though she's not veg, but she's good at being helpful about it).

--Fromper

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I second the Pita Inn suggestion. I eat at the one in Skokie all the time. Super good.
Ditto. My sis lives in Chicago and she digs Pita Inn too.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pita Inn was good, but the sandwiches were kinda small. I went back for seconds.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations. Back in Florida now - not sure when I'll be back up to Illinois, though I'm hoping to make another trip at the end of the summer, if I can get the vacation time from work.

--Fromper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts