VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any recommendation about where to buy Beet Root Powder online (to be used as food coloring) that has cheap international shipping?

I need it for coloring malabi syrup like the one in the picture (this synthetic color). Does the beet powder will work fine with it and giving it nice deep red color?

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/238322376/

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Well, I have no idea what malabi syrup is. But I found your photos of vegan foods absolutely fascinating. Interesting how things in another culture can look so different from what we're used to, or names for things are unfamilier (like the malabi syrup).

Good luck. I wish if you had recipes, that you would post them here - they'd be great additions to the boards!!

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
It's worth a try... I doubt you will get the same exact color. Maybe a more purplish red.

I've never bought beetroot powder myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Well, I have no idea what malabi syrup is. But I found your photos of vegan foods absolutely fascinating. Interesting how things in another culture can look so different from what we're used to, or names for things are unfamilier (like the malabi syrup).

Good luck. I wish if you had recipes, that you would post them here - they'd be great additions to the boards!!
thanks, this malabi isn't very familiar in israel.

most of the recipes made by one of my grandmothers and i need to translate them. maybe in the future but i'm not sure that i want to post them on veggie boards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

It's worth a try... I doubt you will get the same exact color. Maybe a more purplish red.

I've never bought beetroot powder myself.
ok. thanks, maybe i will give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts