VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use tvp where do you get it? i never really paid attention at whole foods, do they have it in the bulk bins?<br><br>
i use a lot of veggie crumbles, and the fantastic foods brand for veg tacos, but i am thinking of trying the tvp, only because i think it may work out cheaper, the msf stuff can get pricey.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should prob add, i use the crumbles to convert omni meals for hubby, like veg chili, stroganoff, tacos, burritos, spag sauce, etc.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
I get it at Clark's Nutrition and Natural Food Market in the bulk bins.<br><br><br><br>
You haven't filled out your profile, so I don't know if that helps you. They have 3 stores in Southern California.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nigel, I will have to check Whole Foods bulk bins next trip, they will probaby have it too, I am in the Northeast btw.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
The health food store I go to has it in the bulk bins (I've never bought it though.) The store I usually go to is called Henry's and it's owned by Wild Oats.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I get mine usually at Whole Foods in the bulk section. It's sort of next to the pastas. I also can find it at Central Market, which sadly for the rest of the world is only in Texas, and at a tiny local health food store in a suburb of Dallas. At the tiny local store, it's sold packaged already in smallish bags. The brand that sells it packaged is a really popular health food brand, but I can't remember what brand it is.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Bulk bins probably save you money if you only want a little at a time. But you can also get a bag of Bob's Red Mill TVP at Whole Foods, Wild Oats, and other HFS's if you want to keep more of it on hand, or you live in an area where there aren't any HF stores with a bulk bin section.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Question for the vegans.<br><br><br><br>
Do they have ingredients lists on the food in the bulk bins over there? We have bulk tvp at the local hfs, but a lot of the small supermarket boxes of it contain whey or lactose or something? Do you just ask someone or assume it's ok? Just curious, I'm trying to live more vegan, but am unsure of things like that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There's a store here in Costa Mesa, CA called Mothers. They sell a lot of Vegan friendly things and have a wonderful bulk session. I get my TVP there.<br><br><br><br>
My bf is a recent vegetarian and I use TVP whenever he has those meaty cravings. He LOVES it<br><br><br><br>
funwithyourfood

·
Registered
65 Posts
All the bulk bins at Sprouts have ingredients and nutritional info listed.<br><br>
Anyway, I got a bag of Red Mill TVP at Safeway, and I've seen it at Fry's, Bashas, etc. in the little bags in the "health food" section. I've never seen it in bulk...hmmm...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I buy mine at the local farmers market. There's a little stand there with all sorts of bulk foods...nuts, seeds, pastas, etc. It's dirt cheap too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts