VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about this. What news sources do you read often to get news?
For me, 90% of my news comes through FB because I'm a fan of so many news organizations on there. Half of my page consists of news lol. I belong to a lot of the mainstream news sources (not fox lol) but like MSNBC, CNN...etc because they post some good stuff from time to time.

Buttttt, here are my favorite news sources:
The Raw Story - One of my favorites. Posts a lot of articles that would never ever show up on msm.
Huffington Post - Sucks AOL bought them
China Daily USA - News regarding China because I'm majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Chinese studies and can get news about the land.
Care2 - They post good news articles related to things like the environment, animals, health...etc

There are more these are just my favorites. I also belong to a bunch of pages on certain subjects on FB that post news articles all the time such as Islamaphobia Today. They post articles about Islam and how the world is becoming more scared of the religion and post good stuff about the religion.

Where do you get your news?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I check The Guardian and the BBC regularly. I also follow lots of news agencies, current affairs bloggers and other sources on twitter. I normally watch the Channel 4 News on TV when I get home from work. I read online editions of other newspapers ( The Independent, The Telegraph, New York Times) sometimes but not regularly, mostly just if I want an alternative point of view on something.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNEasy View Post

The Onion.
Hahahaha. Yeah they're great too

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Al Jazeera

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
The Palm Beach Post's web site for local Florida news. I use Yahoo as a source for links to lots of other news organizations.

On TV, I sometimes watch CNN, MSNBC, and Comedy Central. It's sad that Stewart and Colbert have the most accurate political reporting in America, but at least they're fun to watch.

--Fromper

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
NPR on my way to and from work.
I look at the local newspaper most days at work.
Local news.
BBC.com
CNN.com
KCCI.com for local stuff

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Other people.

You'll see a post on FB, or something will be mentioned on a forum or in real life, or a joke will float around the internet, and if you don't already know what it's in relation to a quick google search will give you the most up-to-date info. News travels so fast these days that you don't really need to seek it out by scouring official news sources.

That, and I watch a fair bit in the way of news-based panel shows (Have I Got News For You, Mock The Week, etc).

·
Banned
46 Posts
Back of a cereal box and from the crazy guy outside my building holding up signs.

I do kind of giggle at what some you consider news sources.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I check the New York Times site daily and I have Al Jazeera in my feed reader, so those are the main two. Also, a few bloggers and other random stuff I run across other places.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I used to get it from the Guerrilla News Network, but they don't seem to be around anymore

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsRockStar View Post

Back of a cereal box and from the crazy guy outside my building holding up signs.

I do kind of giggle at what some you consider news sources.
And I do kind of giggle that you don't even read or watch the news, yet mock those who actually do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts