VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We make smoothies at home all the time by blending bananas, mango, pineapple, etc. We add a little water so that it blends, and we never add juice or sugar as they cause a spike in blood sugar and turn a healthy food into a junk food. But it's kind of a hassle to make smoothies at home. But I am not able to find anything like this sold in bottles online nor at whole foods. Every smoothie being sold that I have found is made with either sugar or fruit juice. Is anyone aware of where I can buy pre-made, bottled smoothies that contain nothing but whole fruit, and no juice, no sugar, and no sweetner of any kind? Mail order would be great. I've checked Amazon with no luck.
Thanks!

·
No flesh since 99'
959 Posts
I don't know who sells anything like that. I'm sure you've checked brands like Odwalla and Naked? Are you sure the juice isn't just fresh fruit or veg juice and not the from concentrate crap sold in the supermarket?

I make my smoothies in large batches and just pour it into reusable bottles (typically 4 at a time, plus a large glass to drink). I keep in them fridge so I have it to drink over the next 2 days. I do the same with homemade juices. Much less hassle!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Hi, Greg-

Why is it a hassle to make them at home? I thought all you need for this is some sort of blender and the ingredients, but maybe I'm wrong.

But yeah- it's frustrating to want to eat healthy, and just find stuff (EXPENSIVE stuff, at that!!) with lots of sugar, salt, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a green smoothie snack pack from Brigitte Center's "Kale Power" and can't wait to order a 5 day cleanse pack!

Yes, they aren't cheap, but you sound like me in that I don't mind paying for a true green smoothie with no sugar added delivered to my door to save me from shopping and prep and cleanup.

I'll pay a little bit more for someone to do all that for me. I just get to enjoy the green goodness!

You can check the smoothies out on her website: http://getgreensmoothies.com/product/3-day-detox/

I can tell you that she is passionate about raw food and only using high-quality ingredients. I'm just excited to share what I found with others!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to order mine from custco into their inventory. Try and talk with wholesalers, usually if you have an account set up with them they will cut slack and give you some cool features

1 - 7 of 7 Posts