VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When was the last time you ate something non vegan by mistake? I beat myself up over it, but then I think that that is useless, and as long as I am trying, it is ok.

This morning a had some prepackaged oatmeal with milk in it. My brother told me after the fact that there was milk. I didn't believe it but I checked the ingredients, and he was right.
 

·
Ankle Biter
Joined
·
9,333 Posts
Traveling last week, we stopped at a Taco Bell and I ordered a been burrito without cheese for lunch. I read somewhere that TB's tortillas are no longer vegan, but it was the best option for that particular situation, so burrito it was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Traveling last week, we stopped at a Taco Bell and I ordered a been burrito without cheese for lunch. I read somewhere that TB's tortillas are no longer vegan, but it was the best option for that particular situation, so burrito it was.
Are you serious? I loved taco bell so much!
 

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
Joined
·
5,591 Posts
I've never met a rootbeer that was not vegan (sugar origin aside), and I have had many, many, many kinds. So the other day I was in Menards (like a Home Depot or Lowes, a home improvement store in the Midwest US) and saw a bottle of rootbeer in one of the coolers by the checkout. Got it, drank it all up, looked at the bottle, and saw there was honey in it.
Oh well. Given how adamant with label reading I am with most other things, I should have checked it beforehand. But I thought "Hey, every rootbeer I've checked was vegan, what are the chances?" Lesson learned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Traveling last week, we stopped at a Taco Bell and I ordered a been burrito without cheese for lunch. I read somewhere that TB's tortillas are no longer vegan, but it was the best option for that particular situation, so burrito it was.
I'm looking at the official ingredients list, and they appear to still be vegan.

http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/ingredientstatement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I got vegetable pad thai from Thai Express and was eating happily (not paying a whole lot of attention) when I noticed something that felt foreign inside my mouth. It turned out to be a big hunk of beef. I spit it out, but was still not impressed.
 

·
Ankle Biter
Joined
·
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Could be an issue with the dough conditioners which often contain stearoyl lactylate and monoglycerides, which I believe are animal derived...think I saw that somewhere here on VB. Depressing, isn't it?
Yeah, I think I saw that a while back on VB, too.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I've never met a rootbeer that was not vegan (sugar origin aside), and I have had many, many, many kinds. So the other day I was in Menards (like a Home Depot or Lowes, a home improvement store in the Midwest US) and saw a bottle of rootbeer in one of the coolers by the checkout. Got it, drank it all up, looked at the bottle, and saw there was honey in it.
Oh well. Given how adamant with label reading I am with most other things, I should have checked it beforehand. But I thought "Hey, every rootbeer I've checked was vegan, what are the chances?" Lesson learned.
Wow that's crazy! I never think to check rootbeer bottles, but I definitely will now to be safe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,728 Posts
I was really drunk and at a bar. I ate 1/2 an order of bacon cheese fries before I realized it.

I was feeling lazy and hungry all at once on a recent road trip and so went through a fast food restaurant and had chicken nuggets, thinking, what the hell? I have no other options.

*those are lies*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
My last accident occured because my husband cooked a veggie dog which I ate and then discovered it contained eggs. He was very sorry and is normally very careful with checking ingredients. He felt so bad about it I tried not to get too upset. I always check everything myself now too, just in case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I was really drunk and at a bar. I ate 1/2 an order of bacon cheese fries before I realized it.

I was feeling lazy and hungry all at once on a recent road trip and so went through a fast food restaurant and had chicken nuggets, thinking, what the hell? I have no other options.

*those are lies*
You scared me there for a second. I was just worrying the other day about accidently consuming meat due to drunkenness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
A couple of months again I accidentally ate a California roll due to my ignorance in what is in sushi.

Lets just say the 2 days after that were not that pleasant.... and I only found out from my boyfriend's future sister in law that that was what it was after the two days of misery since I let her have the rest of my leftovers.. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I had a free sample of something that I just thought was yellow rice, peas, coconut, and some spices, but it turned out that it had chicken broth in it.

I learned the hard way to always ask what's in the meal. No matter how innocent it looks
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top