VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you make it so theres at least a little moisture in it? the lastfew times ive made fruit salad and let it sit and migle for a day its very dry

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Do you keep the fruit juice in the mix?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Use fruits that have lots of moisture in them, like citrus fruits. You can also sprinkle the salad with juice. Lemon juice will also prevent the fruit from getting brown

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you use alot of melons you shouldn't have a problem with moisture. When I make fruit salad I use watermelon, cantelope, honeydew, grapes, kiwi, starfruit, anything elso I can find for that matter. It usually last 2 of us about 2 weeks. If you use apples you will want to spray them with a little lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i made was 1 lb pineapple, 2 oranges and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. and after letting it sit overnight in the fridge its pretty dry. maybe ill try and add some lemon juice

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Perhaps the shredded coconut absorbed all the juice? Also, here in Brazil we usually add orange juice to the salad.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yes, that is likely, I once used coconut to make a too-moist salad drier. You could add the coconut right before serving instead
It will stay crisper, too.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post

Perhaps the shredded coconut absorbed all the juice? Also, here in Brazil we usually add orange juice to the salad.
That's what my mother does as well. It usually gives an extra orangey flavor to the fruit, but I don't mind that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts