VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some family members taking stuff off what I post on facebook and reporting them to my mom, they claim its for my own benefit and they are concerned, I tried to call my mom last night and all she was doing to me was chewing me out about some personal stuff and I never really truly feel is nessercery, one person said that its not gossip because she was concerned about me, when is a concern turn into gossip?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Delete them from your facebook. Or at the very least, create a custom list so they cannot see what you post.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Concern is only seen as gossip through the eyes of those being talked about.

If this was stuff you didnt want familt members knowing...or anyone for that matter then as they say 'dont post it online'

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
In general, it's a good idea not to put things anywhere on the Internet that you'd like to be kept private or secret in any way.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some of these things are just mild like children and the house deal, i voiced about them and they ran off saying things to my mom that i wasnt happy and content where I am at. First off all we were evicted last year and we didnt have choice but to get into the place we are renting for cheap now.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Yeah, I would unfriend them or create a list of specific friends so these folks can't see what you're posting...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Delete them from facebook
or tell your mom to back off, that you are happy to communicate with her but that you will not discuss A, B, or C at length

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I have some family members taking stuff off what I post on facebook and reporting them to my mom, they claim its for my own benefit and they are concerned, I tried to call my mom last night and all she was doing to me was chewing me out about some personal stuff and I never really truly feel is nessercery, one person said that its not gossip because she was concerned about me, when is a concern turn into gossip?
Stand up to your mom. Tell her, "Mom I'm an adult... drop it, NOW."

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I talked to my mom again today and I went back to going on facebook, I had loaded some music videos on there thursday night, friday morning I asked my sister if she seen them and she said some bad things to me and then removed me because she worked alll night, today i called my mom and she asked me what was going on I told her I wasn't on long and asked my sister a simple question and she removed me, my mom said its best to leave her alone until she comes around. So things are solved for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts