VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a crazy question but after years of using ANYTHING as an excuse to skip meals..im just curious..when do you ignore stomach aches and eat anyway?

ive felt horrible for two days now , yesterday i forced stuff down, and today as well until now..im normally ravenous by 5 30pm and its 6 41 and i can't bear even the sight of food. i know each situation is different, but thought id ask..

so is it better to just eat a meal anyway (and hopefully not be as sick as i feel i would be
) or assume my body is telling me something's up and not eat? coz i was gonna eat some crackers and then do homework but i don't want to start restricting, y'know?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Maybe start with something light, like crackers and a light vegetable soup? Nothing too heavy. Sometimes eating something small will get the juices going and then actually rev up your appetite. If I"m really busy and I don't get to eat when I'm hungry, the hunger goes away and then I think I don't want to eat. When I finally do get to eat I notice my appetite comes back. Of course, you could be coming down with something. By trying to eat something light you won't be doing yourself any harm.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys were right! im glad i asked. i felt way better after starting. how strange. not hungry, but not cramped up and sick. you rock

so does avocado on toast..ohhhhh.

and vegan blueberry cake..ohhhhhhhh

·
Registered
0 Posts
That's great! See, don't be afraid to eat a little if your belly hurts. It may be your body's way of telling you that you need food, not that you're sick.

I agree with karen, soup and crackers is a good idea. Also a banana or applesauce.. or avocado on toast and vegan blueberry cake.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I sorta had this problem. I would get sick after eating, so I would just not eat. It took some force but I began eating at a scheduled time and really working hard on keeping the food inside myself. I have hardly any problems now. I eat 5 times a day and haven't gotten sick in months over eating a meal. Of course I don't over eat, then I get a strong urge to go and get rid of it. So, yeah portions and eating at a set time helps too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts