VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious what food you left behind to become vegetarian/vegan still makes you have cravings for it? I can't say I have overwhelming cravings for this, but my kryptonite would probably be White Castle hamburgers.

Of course, I know some omnivores that would debate whether that's actually meat on those things in the first place...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Errrr... I don't think this is appropriate at all. This is a place to discuss about vegetarian foods/cooking only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I first became a veggiboy,a few years back.The closest I came to eating something nonvegetarian was shrimp.I was at my sister's place for supper and she put out a platter of shrimp.It was very tempting.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
a pineapple pizza with extra sauce.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Nah. This has been brought up lots of times before, just worded differently. Usually the thread can get a good spin going when people give ideas on how to satisfy cravings for certain nonveg foods.

I have a hard time with the trace ingredients. I have no problem with not eating any meats, blatant cheese, or eggs. It's when they're tricky & sneaky and hidden in stuff. I hate when they're in something that they aren't vital in.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

a pineapple pizza with extra sauce.
I made a vegan version of this yesterday. It garnered quite a lot of compliments. Mmmmm.......

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Let me be the first to say cheese. However, in about the past year or so, it's gotten much better. Cheese still generally sounds good to me, but I don't often crave it, or have dreams about it anymore.

That said, I'd pay serious money for a good vegan cheese pizza...the kind with stretchy white psuedo-mozzarrella that makes little strings as you pull it from the pie pan, that is greasy and slippery.

The other cheesy thing I miss(ed) is Cheezits (not Cheese Nips, but Cheezits
) However, various kinds of sourdough crackers seem to make a good substitute.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ok then.
It's just that I don't feel very comfortable reading comments about non-vegetarian "foods".
Oh well, I'll just skip them.

Anyway, back on topic. I'd probably say nacho flavored Doritos.

·
Banned
2,550 Posts
The one thing I catch myself missing: tuna sandwiches. No idea why. Every once in a while I go to this little veg cafe by my house and get the faux-tuna sandwich, though it kind of weirds me out that it tastes like tuna. There's a lot of vegenaise in it though so I tend to avoid it.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
^^^that post made me think about egg salad sandwiches. And deviled eggs - I used to love them both, and can't find a suitable substitute. Oh well.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Cheese- in every form, but especially on pizza, or brie with crackers.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I know that there are lots of you who really don't or didn't like meat to begin with, and I am in that boat for MOST things, but I really get cravings for spicy sausage. It's not really gross the way, like, raw chicken is, and there really is no decent substitute.

·
Banned
2,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I know that there are lots of you who really don't or didn't like meat to begin with, and I am in that boat for MOST things, but I really get cravings for spicy sausage. It's not really gross the way, like, raw chicken is, and there really is no decent substitute.
ugh so do I. I wish I could find a really good, spicy vegetarian sausage. I made a nice tempeh one once but it was too dry and didnt have the same texture. Vegetarian andouille pleaaaaaaaaasssssseee

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cheese. All kinds. Cheese cheese cheese. But we don't keep it in the house and I don't even walk past it in the grocery store, and that makes it all much better.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts