VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love bananas! I eat one almost every morning! They're my breakfast staple.
I always put them in my smoothies too. One of God's most wonderful creations, the banana.

What's your favorite fruit?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I am a FRUITAHOLIC! Fruit is SO amazing, and I eat lots and lots of it! It's difficult to name a favorite, but I will say that my tastebuds scream for more when I eat mangoes!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Apples, oranges, strawberries, cherries (I haven't had cherries in a while! Im ust get some.) I love fruit.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Fruit lover here!!!!! Love them ALL!!!!!!

Banana is one of my staple foods. I depend on banana.

Figs are the most erotic fruit. XXX-rated!!!

Watermelon is KING!

But luv em all!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
lets see... at the store today i bought 1 lb cherries,2lbs grapes,1lb bananas,1lb strawberries, 1 container rasberries,1 mango, and 1 3lb bag of apples. so hard to choose a favorite

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love all fruit except grapefruit. And I have seriously never tried a lime. But I love all others

Oh and i also havent tried coconut but is that a fruit =/

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
apples and mangos tied for 1st (figs too, but I have only had fresh figs ONCE!), oranges, tangerenes, pears, peaches, pineapple and grapefruit tied for 2nd, then (all tied for 3rd) bananas, berries, cherries, grapes, watermelon, plums, cantaloupe, honewdews, kiwis, melons, umm... can't think of anything else

Bananas would be in the first catagory, I LOVE them like a hillbilly loves oil, but the high calorie content always steers me away from them, so I rarely sit down to a nice banana.

I would love to try a cherimoya (the custard apple, the icecream fruit) just the other names make it sound GREAT, red bananas, starfruit, adn all those other freaky ones...

I would live of fruit if I had the $$$...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I use bananas the most, in my smoothies, plain, and in bread... I also love peaches in the summer. Most summer fruits are awsome. Love making fruit salad in the summer.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Clementines.. unfortunately they're only available here at Christmas time.. Watermelon, muskmelon and canteloupe are yummy too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Great topic, Grain_girl!

I'm going to break with tradition and for me, say it's a tie between avocados and tomatoes!
Like many of you, it's hard to decide what my favorite sweet fruit is (changes according to what's in season!), so...Summertime is great for all the fresh fruits and veggies!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
#1...strawberries, but only at this time of year, when they are ready to be harvested locally. i HATE buying a bunch of strawberries that look huge and juicy and sweet, biting into them, and finding that they are hard and sour because they picked them too soon in order to import them from chile or mexico or california, or something.

in fact, i'd like to list pineapple and mango, too, but i rarely have good samples of those because they are always shipped here and have literally no flavour and a not very good texture due to their early harvesting. i have had the pleasure of eating a fresh-picked, perfectly ripe mango and pineapple before, and they ruined canadian fruit-eating for me, for the rest of my life.

i do love grapes, though, in the late summer. also peaches, in the late summer. these are all grown locally, so they taste wonderful.

i do like watermelon.

i'm not a big fan of the banana. i think i "ated" too many of them over the last few years of raising small kids, who go nuts for them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Keegan

Bananas would be in the first catagory, I LOVE them like a hillbilly loves oil, but the high calorie content always steers me away from them, so I rarely sit down to a nice banana.

I looked at your profile and it says your 17 years old... Dude, please don't worry about bananas being high calorie! Most boys your age are stuffing their faces with Oreos, hot dogs, ice cream, and all kinds of other garbage that will do nothing positive for their bodies. A banana has 110 calories, but they are not empty calories, they're chocked full of good stuff! So, eat your bananas and don't feel guilty! They're good for you! If you don't believe me, ask Oatmeal.
He once posted he ate six bananas in one sitting.

Yours truly,

The Banana Evangelist

1 - 20 of 95 Posts