VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have REALLY hard water here & am looking for a good detergent for family use (no babies). I did do a search for laundry detergents & the only name brand that came up was "SUN" laundry detergent, but I'm wondering how well this works? If you've used it and liked it, I would love to know.

I've also heard of Ecos, Bio-Kleene, and Country Save but haven't used any of these brands.

Any other brands are fine too, if I need too, I will make a trip over to my HFS to buy it, it it's something I can't find out in town.

Thanks for any help!

Michelle

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I'm using Ecover now, and it works pretty well. When I was in the US, I liked Seventh Generation's unscented liquid the best. Got things clean and no residue.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I'm using Ecover now, and it works pretty well. When I was in the US, I liked Seventh Generation's unscented liquid the best. Got things clean and no residue.
Thanks for the recommendation on the 5th Generation, I've seen that one at the HFS.

I'm slowly replacing all of my cleaning supplies with more environmentally safe items and I knew this would be the place to ask for some opinions!

Thanks again!

Michelle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?

Surely someone else has a good recommendation for laundry deteregent?

At this point I guess I'll try to find some "Sun" detergent & then when I make my monthly trip over to the HFS try some of the 5th Generation.

If you've used anything else with good success I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Michelle

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just bought Method "fresh air scent" detergent and it works great!! I was so excited to find a name brand that was vegan and can easily be found, and it smells really good. There is also one with no scent but I love the fresh air smell!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDreamer View Post

I just bought Method "fresh air scent" detergent and it works great!! I was so excited to find a name brand that was vegan and can easily be found, and it smells really good. There is also one with no scent but I love the fresh air smell!!
Duh!
I didn't even think about the Method products at Target, & that's where I do all of my non-grocery shopping!! I'm sure it would be a bit cheaper too.

Thanks so much for the recommendation!!!

Michelle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

I use Trader Joe's Next To Godliness detergent. It's the least expensive of all the natural detergents I've used.
We don't have a Trader Joe's here!
But thanks for taking the time to post anyway! Someone else might be needing a good recommendation!!

Michelle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post

I've been using SUN.
How do you like it? I'm kinda bummed about my commisary, they used to carry it & I looked yesterday & they've stopped!! I'm not sure why?

Does it get your clothes good & clean? My hubby comes home filthy some days & I need something that will defiantely get the dirt out!

Thanks for posting!

Michelle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

You're welcome! Yes, their products (with the exception of their fabric softener sheets) are vegan and not tested on animals. You should check out their website at methodhome.com!
Again, thanks for the info. on the dryer sheets! That's good to know!

I'm gonna go check out their website now!

Michelle

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvegnewbie View Post

How do you like it? I'm kinda bummed about my commisary, they used to carry it & I looked yesterday & they've stopped!! I'm not sure why?

Does it get your clothes good & clean? My hubby comes home filthy some days & I need something that will defiantely get the dirt out!

Thanks for posting!

Michelle
I've never had any problems with it. It seems to clean very well. I had problems with other brands (not mentioned so far in this thread) causing rashes for my daughter. But no problem with the SUN variety.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post

I've never had any problems with it. It seems to clean very well. I had problems with other brands (not mentioned so far in this thread) causing rashes for my daughter. But no problem with the SUN variety.
Thank-you so much for posting again!
Then I will defiantely consider it!

I appreciate it!

Michelle

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, most of the method products are cruelty free (no animal ingred. and are not tested on animals). But I heard that the dryer sheets and one other product from them does contain an animal ingrediate, but the rest are safe. It was a link on this site about method products that I read that from. I'll try to find the link.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.