VeggieBoards banner

What's your current food obsession?

15K views 323 replies 119 participants last post by  Werewolf Girl 
#1 ·
Let's talk about food obsessions... you know what I mean. The foods that for some reason you're suddenly hooked on. The ones that seem to find their way into your grocery basket on every shopping trip without you even realizing you put them there. The foods that make you antsy when you run out of them at home. You're obsessed, and then suddenly, one day, something else comes along and you move on to your next obsession.

For a while I was obsessed with tamari almonds. Some days I snacked on them, some days I chopped them and sprinkled them over my stir fry, other days they made it into my salad. I still eat them, but they no longer hold the same power over me. Now I seem to have moved onto swiss chard which I seem to eat pretty much every day in one form or another. Oh, and Amy's vegan pizza. Which I don't eat every day but I do like to make sure I have in my freezer.

Oh, and if you have pretty pictures of your food obsession, feel free to post those as well!

#5 ·
Brussels sprouts and beets.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

Brussels sprouts and beets.
^These were mine when they were in season. Now they are so expensive.
I haven'et had fresh brussel sprouts or beets since November. My current obsession is soup. I've been going through jars of Better than Boullion like crazy because I'm making various soups for a lot of my meals.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenish View Post

This is fascinating. In a million years, I would never have thought of tempeh tacos with cabbage. Did you invent that or find a recipe somewhere?
It's my very fast, extremely lazy version of the Baja-Style Grilled Tempeh Tacos in Veganomicon. The cabbage isn't cooked if that's what you were wondering, and the heat from the tempeh doesn't make it wilt. In her recipe the cabbage is in a slaw, and that goes on the tempeh, then there is some vegan sour cream you put on top of that.

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Lately: potato leek soup.

Soon: asparagus.
I'm thinking about making potato leek soup after seeing your post in the what's for dinner thread and now again here. I've got everything on hand for it.

I can't wait for springtime for asparagus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.