VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody has cool avatar pics, and signatures. We read and see them all the time. What does you sig. mean? Some are obvious when you read them, others are not. Maybe you have a cool story to go with it. Those avatar pics as well. What does it mean to you? Mine? A picture of my fovourite film character... ever. Norman Bates from "Psycho" Played by Anthony Perkins. Also, he was a vegetarian, or so I read. My sig. is a quote from the same movie.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I picked mine from the VB library of avatars out of desperation because I don't know how to fix my own personal avatars. My signature is self explanatory.
I'm waiting for something meaningful to pop into my head.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I picked my avatar from the VB avatar library for several reasons:

1. I love The Simpsons (well, the first 10 seasons or so...)

2. I love the episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian ("Lisa the Vegetarian", from season seven) because Lisa is my favorite character from The Simpsons, it's a well written episode anyway, and she stays a vegetarian at the end, and after all these seasons she's still a vegetarian. Thank you Sir Paul!

3. The user title is part of a line of dialogue Lisa says in that same episode, when she's teased by other kids and asked if she's going to marry a carrot. "Yes, I'm going to marry a carrot".

4. I especially like that line because I LOVE LOVE LOVE carrots.

I just changed my signature. It's taken from a postcard that my mother received sometime back in the 1970's or 1980's and had posted in her office for many, many years. I can't remember if the wording is exactly the same, but it's the same sentiment.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I change mine all the time. My avatars are usually pictures of myself, someone else & myself, my t-shirts, my pets, or hot guys. My signatures are usually something stupid I've said, a funny conversation I had with someone, something funny someone said to or about me, or a good quote from a tv show, a movie, or a song.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Avvie, a picture of my dog, I thought it was good for the holiday season. I havn't changed it to a new season-themed picture yet.

My signature..I change it to lyrics from my favorite bands every few weeks. It was a mudvayne lyric a few days ago. Rob Zombie, I belive, was before that..

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Generally I use an avatar of one of my foster dogs, and either no signature or a catch phrase to lead into the url of my website. But right now I'm using a picture of my mom who died two weeks ago hugging one of the shelter dogs (she was a big animal advocate), and the signature is a quote from "The Rainbow Bridge" poem that talks about being reunited with the pets who have died before us.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
My avatar is of fire. I see a woman in the flames, but I'm not sure if that's just me or not.

I see passion and pain in the image.

My current siggy is just a statement I read somewhere about profound truths that seemed pretty zen.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I change mine every week or so, so yeah.

But the current avatar is just of Hiro, from Lunar: Eternal Blue.

the user title is explained pretty well in the sig.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I just changed mine to a picture of my dog. I don't know how long I'll keep it. I'm never satisfied with my avatars. I'm even pickier about sigs and user titles, so I avoid the stress and just don't bother making any up. I'm an uncontrollable perfectionist.

Synergy, I used to use those flames as an avatar on another board. It took me a few days to get used to seeing it over your name.

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
my avatar is of course, my sexy body, quote under it lyrics from the garbage song 'drop dead gorgeous', same with my signature. but it changes, often. last time it was all distillers themed.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I like Troub's new anime type avatar.

I think I already mentioned that Eclipse is my TF char. I would love to have an Eclipse picture there instead of the default one.

My signature is exactly what it looks like. Mousebread is bread with a mouse baked in. I used to use it as a sort of joke threat on nimh muck.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
All my stuff is pretty self-explanatory. I found my avatar in google images...she's obviously a scientist of sorts. The anit-quack under my avatar goes along with my sig.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Mine (currently) are To-Fu Oyako characters, a Japanese cartoon or superheros or something, I'm not real sure exactly, but hey, they're tofu.

Usually I have something frog-related as my avatar. I wonder why

My signature changes randomly, whenever I feel like it, no particular relevance. (Except for the last line, the web address for my food blog, but that's pretty self-explanatory.)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

Synergy, I used to use those flames as an avatar on another board. It took me a few days to get used to seeing it over your name.
Oh, I'll bet it would take some getting used to. Sorry 'bout dat.

Do you see the person in the flames to?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well, right now mine is the Kitty Cat Dance kitty from the Kitty Cat Dance Video (I think the kitties real name is Kayla) If you have no idea what it is ...here ya go:

Sig is from the songy of course!

I have had many other avatars and siggys too. A few of my cats and Rankin-Bass Xmas characters.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Oh, I'll bet it would take some getting used to. Sorry 'bout dat.

Do you see the person in the flames to?
Not until you mentioned it. Now I can kind of see it.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts