VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I thought it would be fun little project to put together a little how-to guide with tips and info for new vegetarians and vegans, basically a little guidebook to help make the transition from omnivores to the veggie lifestyle we love so dearly a little easier!

It's almost done, but I just want to make sure that it's really good, so here's what I've done:

I created a little survey to make sure I answer any questions that a regular person would have about vegetarianism or veganism. Basically, the sort of questions a person that's considering the veggie lifestyle would have.

What's in it for me you say?

Well, in return for your question, I'd like to give you a copy of the guide when it's done.

So would you please post your #1 question at this link?

I'll make sure to get you your copy of it when I finish it!

Thanks!

joanm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on people, don't be shy
What's the number 1 question you want to ask or you wished you had the answer to when you first started?

Thanks,

joanm

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wish that I would have asked for some good, go to, easy, filling snacks to carry around. I spent some time very hungry with no options when I wasn't at home!

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
If only there was a way veg*ns could communicate with each other, where, if you had a desire to loose the animal flesh, there would be experienced members who could discuss their solutions, as well as nutritional information?
Oh yeah, it's right here!

You'll find the most requested topics as "stickies". The one right above this thread is "Tip of the day".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

If only there was a way veg*ns could communicate with each other, where, if you had a desire to loose the animal flesh, there would be experienced members who could discuss their solutions, as well as nutritional information?
Oh yeah, it's right here!

You'll find the most requested topics as "stickies". The one right above this thread is "Tip of the day".
LOL Silva, I realize that a lot of the information is here already for all veggieboards members to enjoy
But, you'd also be surprised at some of the questions I've already gotten from members here that are not in the "stickies" at all. But, I really do appreciate your help in pointing that out to me.

However, I do hope you don't gauge my experience by my post count, I've been a vegetarian for quite a few years now

So guys and gals, keep those questions coming! I've gotten some great ones from you already

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by newask View Post

I wish that I would have asked for some good, go to, easy, filling snacks to carry around. I spent some time very hungry with no options when I wasn't at home!
newask, thanks for your input, I'll be sure to include a section on that as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
my number 1 q is :
can I be vegan with out soy products I cant have them because I have hypothyroidism and soy make it harder
and where can I get iodine iron and calcium from? I don't want supplements I prefer natural food
and I don't like coconut milk, rice milk whatever milk and any thing from sea like sea seed
I like only Arabic and Indian food
I want an answer thankfully

·
Lifelong vegetarian
2,617 Posts
When I started to be a vegetarian, I wasn't able to talk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts