VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple luna bars today. Lemon was ok, didn't eat the other yet. Then I realized that the packaging indicates that they're for women. What's up with that!? Is there like estrogen or something in them that's bad for men? Cause I'm a man and I need to know these things.

rigmarole

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have vitamins and such that women need more of. That's why they're marketed towards women.
I'm going to leave it at that, because I'm lazy. :p

Mmm.. Luna Bars... I could use one right about now. heh.

BTW, you look like this guy I know- (that is you in the avatar, I would assume) just with a different shaped head. Just thought I'd mention that. heh.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My head is a GOOD shape. I think.

I'd say I'm still in a trainer bra. But I'll have to keep an eye on 'em. heh

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
It is very annoying that they're labeled "for women." I eat them every day and, last time I checked, I'm still a man.

·
Registered
152 Posts
now, if they just started putting "for men" on the cliff bars then i can just see all of us having lunar breast/cliff penis envy, stealing the other ones and eating them secretly.

eesh, what's going on here, food isn't supposed to have a gender, especially not veggie food!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Ahh, Luna bars! Clever marketing, and a little bit more folic acid than usual. I love the smores flavor, but I really like the Clif bar chocolate brownie the best

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Smores is my favorite too. My husband was kinda weird about the "woman" thing too. Haven't noticed breasts on him as of yet, but he has developed a sense of style :wink:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I had never tried either Clif or Luna bars before ... I was reaching for a Luna bar but the "for women" packaging sort of irritated me. So I took the Clif bar instead -- it was cheaper, too. Doesn't mean I won't try a Luna next time, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys, guys!!! Unauthorized MEN eating our Luna bars?!!
Is nothing sacred any more?

P.S. My favorites: S'mores, chocolate pecan pie, and chai

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by beautiful fire

They taste like cardboard to me.
Yeah, there's a direct correlation between how healthy a bar is and how much it resembles drywall.

I like the Carb Solutions bars. They're not chewy like most bars - a different consistency that some may not like. Sort of a 3-Muskateers Bar consistency. Better nutrition and lower carbs (see img attached) than Clif Bars. Not "certified organic" or anything, though.
LL

1 - 20 of 66 Posts