VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Yeah, i've only seen it as part of a bow.
That was a fun episode btw.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
It's the taking your hat off/head-bearing gesture as part of a bow to convey respect and admiration with flair, done by a dandy/gent in a grandiose manner.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

that was HOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

It's the taking your hat off/head-bearing gesture as part of a bow to convey respect and admiration with flair, done by a dandy/gent in a grandiose manner.

·
Banned
8,995 Posts
Quote:

Recognized as such by aficionados of historical movies.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Recognized as such by aficionados of historical movies.
Probably why I have seen it so many times--I watch musicals, watch theatre, and every so often watch older movies and such. For some reason, I absolutely love that gesture, just never really knew if it had any meaning, and now I know! Thanks all
(even if it apparently doesn't have an official name in itself)

·
Registered
908 Posts
When writing, I always call it a (hand) flourish. As in, "he bowed with a flourish" or something. But then, I'm not a native speaker, so maybe I'm using it wrong

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:

yes, this.

This video is AMAZING!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have my speakers off at the moment and skipped to 29 second. that was house. what?! I'll have to watch it with sound later.

as for the hand thingy, i have no idea what its called.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts