841 - 860 of 869 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Carrot cake from a restaurant with a lot of vegan options :smitten:

·
Vegan, Mostly WFPB
276 Posts
Last night, a friend had given me a small jar of a spicy lentil curry soup, but it wasn't enough for two servings, so I used that as a base and added a little more veggie broth, coconut milk, raw cashews, cannelini beans, fresh cilantro, chopped curly kale, a little more seasoning (curry/cumin/turmeric/black pepper/dulse flakes) and served it over mung bean noodles.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I cooked some potatoes and butternut squash in the slow cooker last night and had some of them both this morning. Put the rest in the fridge to keep.

Then I went out walking, stopped at the farmer's market, and bought apples: 3 varieties I've never had before... well, I haven't had a Northern Spy apple in YEARS, so it's sorta new. I've started making a list of all the varieties I've tried; it's up to 23 now.

Reactions: Ger Jonker

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
A quick and easy lunch: white beans I cooked myself in my crock-pot, mixed in and re-heated with microwaved instant white rice, fresh collards, and a drizzle of vegetable oil. (I had pretty much the same thing for lunch yesterday, but without the oil... it wasn't quite as tasty, but was probably healthier and still quite good.)

Reactions: Werewolf Girl

·
Registered
263 Posts
Cooking right now for later:

carro,t potato and thyme soup

fried rice with red peppers and vegetarian "meat" strips, chinese 5 spice and soy sauce

homemade choc and banana brownie drizzled with an orange sauce and served with greek yoghurt and honey

Reactions: Werewolf Girl

·
Registered
963 Posts
I haven't had breakfast yet so dinner last night was broccoli cheese soup with whole wheat crackers. My son hated it (he doesn't really like broccoli yet) but everyone else loved it.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Oatmeal with fresh apple, cinnamon and a little soy creamer. :drool:

Reactions: Tom

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mixed leaf salad with red pepper, cherry tomatoes and spring onion with a honey and wholegrain mustard dressing

Veggie sausages with fried onion and a leek and potato bake with a cheese, breadcrumb and smoked paprika topping

Fresh pineapple

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Breakfast was kind of strange. I had rolled oats and a Golden Delicious apple, which wasn't strange at all... but then I had about 1/3 of a veggieburger left over from last night's dinner to go with it.

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
Lentils and rice. Apple and pineapple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom
841 - 860 of 869 Posts