VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much, really.... while Sydney temporarily removed "homeless" people to make the city look more "wholesome" for the 2000 Olympics, Athens is exterminating (including poisoning) unwanted animals (like cats and dogs) for the 2004 Olympics.<br><br><br><br>
I thought my "F*** The Olympics" t-shirt had no more use..... I realise now that it does still have some use.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm sure that if Sydney had the number of wild cats and animals that Athens does it would have done the same. Not that most cities need an excuse to be cruel to animals.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bah the olympics are such a waste of money.<br><br>
In year 8 at school we had to write an essay about "the olympic movement." Mine didnt seem to go down to well with the teacher as it was all how "how can the olympic movement promote unity and equality when they spend billions of dollars creating stadiums that will only be used a couple of times, when that money could feed people in 3rd world countries."<br><br>
We had to read them out, and i got boo-ed by a couple of people. But i dont care.<br><br>
Danny

·
Registered
0 Posts
Getting boo-ed means they're uncomfortable with what you're saying, and means that your point is getting across - just look at Michael Moore after his fantastic "No War" speech at the Oscars - you should be very proud DannyKass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts