VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With me (and it's just a coincidence that this comes up with that 'brush with death' thread) is that when I go to bed at night (after midnight) or have my nap (about 3/4pm) I often don't go to sleep right away and keep thinking about death and dying and being dead. Actually, it's an obsession, and it wears me out at times. It's not like I'm going to DO anything; it's just something that I can't get out of my mind at those times.

As a kid I was always expressing a fear about dying, and the threat of nuclear war etc. always had me scared..... that could be part of it now.

Also, I'm not one to believe in psychic visions etc., but on Saturday afternoon (nap time) and when I went to bed (about 2am Sunday) I was very depressed and had a sense of impending doom (it had me freaked out at times).... and that was around about the time (in my part of the world) when Columbia broke apart.

So out with it people..... in what way are you screwed up? I know I'm not alone but I'd really like to read it!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I also have a fear of death or a fear of people that i love that will someday leave me. I fear that i might never see them again. Something thats wrong with me? Well I have nightmares all the time unless I have a dreamless sleep. i am trying to find somewhere online where I can tell what some of my more vivid dreams are supposed to mean. I also have health problems. I sometimes go into this weird faze where i forget who everyone and everything around me are. i havent yet really forgotten but its like i was there for the first time. The scariest feeling in the world because i think i wont return to normal. I cant really explain it. but I find the more often I DONT think about it it doesnt happen as often.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I'm sleep-deprived, thanks to VB and other irresistable forces.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not perfect. But then again, who is?

errrm.. i have social phobia, i suffer from depression on and off.. i'm extremely emotionally unstable .. and i wonder why the hell i go spouting off on a msg board about my problems like this

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, other than just general persistent horniness I'm not really shackled with mental issues, and most of us down here in Dixie don't consider my plight as anything abnormal or unique . . .

I've got the bad knee from the Harley brush with death thing and when the weather changes it sometimes aches for no good reason.

Other than that, I'm with Tame . . . . nothing . . .

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a stubborn ingrown toe nail that has been with me for atleast 2 years now... it comes in waves, right now its not very bad, but when I run too much or do too much walking, it comes right back. I also have to wear sandles like 90% of the time, just to help prevent it. I would gladly trade this thing in for a broken arm or something, cuz then atleast it can heal and never come back. argh.. Other than that, I think i'm mostly normal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Veggie Monster, I had those when I was your age as well. They told me it was from wearing ill fitting shoes which somehow formed my big toe so that it was particularly susceptible. Had a foot doc numb the heck out of the whole big toe (both of them), cut it out, then cut back into the nail roots and remove the roots on each side of the nail. Now I just have a flat nail that grows on the top of my toe, without those pesky sides that give ya the ingrown stuff. Never had one since and it's been 20 years or more . . . Give it a try, talk to a good podiatrist, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I don't know if this is something wrong with me or something right with me, but it seems to me like Tame uses the word "Hush" a lot. This might be due to any of several possible factors:

A. I hallucinate, and this causes me to see posts that aren't there.

B. I have multiple personality disorder, and Tame is one of my alters. My other alters try to "hush" each other and other VBers, and the Tame alter ends up speaking for everyone.

C. Something funky is happening in my brain synapses, causing me to perceive Tame's use of the word "Hush" to be much greater than it actually is.

D. "Hush" can mean any of several definitions, only one of which is "Be quiet." Some of the other meanings include, "Vegetarians are awesome" and "I wish I were a Contributing Member to VB". Thus, the actual frequency of the word "hush" may be high, but what the frequency represents may vary each time.

And yes, I know I'm opening myself wiiiiiiiiiiide up for criticism here. If it was funny, just laugh. If not, you can ignore me.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
I had the same thing done when I was 14. I was getting nasty, nasty ingrown toe nails like crazy. Snip, snip, snip - pain all gone for good.

Make sure you get a good podiatrist - a quack did a procedure on me when I was 12 that created numerous problems and has me in chroni pain to this day.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

If it was funny, just laugh. If not, you can ignore me.
If people don't get it, f-em! I giggled a bit, personally, because at first I thought you were serious (about hallucinations).

And it reminded of a (local?) car insurance commercial where some dude is standing next to and Indian "scientist" and he suggests some crazy idea of why people want to save money and the scientist says "I THINK PEOPLE JUST WANT TO SAVE MONEY."

Connection: I thought "MAYBE TAME JUST WANTS PEOPLE TO HUSH."

Not that funny.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Max,

Thanks for finding it funny... I find it amusing that you didn't realize upfront I was joking. I'm going to giggle for a few minutes now, at least.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts