VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be ignorant

I see people post with "so that's why i decided to become macroboitic" or "i'm macrobiotic".....could someone explain to me what that means?

thanks

~Becca

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some Koreans have a macrobiotic restaurant near my office and I eat there sometimes. They regularly serve fish and shellfish. I never thought to ask them what "macrobiotic" meant although I'm not sure I'd understand them if they told me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The diet described in Micheal's link seems to be quite sensible. I feel more fruit and raw vegetables would be better, though.

I liked how they emphasised Local produce. My only experience of macrobiotic people is that they tend to eat a lot of Japanese foods like umeboshi plumbs etc, which are expensive and surely couldn't be that important in one's diet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I always wondered what Macrobiotics were. Glad to be informed more on it. I had it confused with raw veggie eaters.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We have a macrobiotic restaurant near us that is mostly vegan. We eat there alot. But they do have fish specials a few times a week. It's the type of vegetarian restaurant you could not take your meat-eating friends too. Lots of brown rice, steamed veggies, etc. Basically all the stuff that meat-eaters assume that veggies live on. It is very bland, not mnay spices, but I have started enjoying it even more the past few months as I have been dieting.

I have a co-worker who recently got into macrobiotics. As a result, she has given up dairy products, but she still eats fish.

We are having meetings at our home office soon and she sent in a special food request email and copied me on it (because she knows I'm also vegetarian). She said "I'm a vegan-- which means I can't eat dairy products. Fish is okay, though." Argh!

I had to send in another email saying "I'm a vegan, and I don't eat fish."

I don't have a problem with her choosing to eat fish, but calling herself a VEGAN? It's bad enough when fish-eaters call themsleves vegetarians but at least somewhat excusable (pesco-vegtarian). But calling yourself a vegan?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts