VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in doing a one day juice fast, just a time to reset mentally from my old, bad eating habits. I read about juice fasting, but then saw juice feasting mentioned, and I can't find more info on what this is? I also don't have a juicer but do have a blender and a hand juicer (the kind that you can juice lemons and oranges).

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
well, without a juicer, you won't be able to juice feast. The difference between juicing and blending is all of the fiber is removed during juicing, but is left broken up in blending. Juices are able to be assimilated right into the blood stream without being digested first or having to have the fiber digested. Blending or smoothies have the fiber present, so it has to still go through the whole process of digestion, which takes longer.<br><br>
The major concern is that you are taking in the proper amt of calories. We're not talking about one glass of juice per meal. It's more like several quarts (penny could tell you better) of juice per day. they should also be made with different veggies or fruits, for a bigger variety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts