VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i recently watched an episode of What's God For You a show in Australia. it showed the difference of extreme meat eaters to extreme vegans. the study showed that the healthiest person in the group was the vegetarian. he has the highest level for good cholesterol. Both the extremists did not have good health. because they didnt have a balance diet.

just wanted to share this.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
what was the extreme vegan eating? what was the difference between the extreme vegan and the vegetarian? We dont' have that show in the states, so we wouldn't know what it was about.

·
Registered
814 Posts
If I remember correctly the episode aired about 4 or 5 years ago in Australia.

The female vegan was a raw foodist and long distance runner or cyclist who did not take supplements. Her blood test were all in normal healthy ranges with the exception of B12 which was extremely low.

The male meat eater was averagely active and ate a ridiculous amount of meat. Again, from memory, it was about 1/2 kilo or 1 pound of meat every day. His results were all within acceptable ranges except cholesterol which was dangerously high.

I'll try and get some more info from Google and the station website.

·
Registered
814 Posts
http://health.ninemsn.com.au/dietand...egetarian-diet

"It's a personal preference the way you eat. The key thing is that whichever diet you choose, whether it's vegan, vegetarian, that it's well balanced and ticks off all those key nutrient groups," says Susie.

Fast facts
  • Talking of healthy, well-balanced diets, a small piece of dark chocolate now and then can actually encourage cardiac health. Unfortunately the same doesn't go for milk chocolate.
  • Who's more likely to have bad breath meat-eaters or vegans? Well you might be better off kissing a vegan because studies have shown that they taste and smell better than meat-eaters. Why? Well, meat-eater's bodies have to process the animal protein and fat by-products, which cause bad breath.
No sh!t Sherlock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.