VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys! you were so helpful before i thought id post again. the eating thing is going really well. Ive eaten very well today , yesterday, the day before.

and im actually wondering if perhaps this is related BUT...

can anyone place this problem and tell me how to fix it?

i felt great, wonderful and now suddenly, all day today, this. and it doesn't 'feel ' like a cold or flu or something. its bizarre and i can't quite explain it. its like my whole body is in slow motion..but not in the 'digesting food lethargic way', more like in a dehydrated way. but ive had so much water! dehydrated feeling is closest to it, dizzy, tired, aching.

and..this'll sound weird..but ..kind of...confused.

all day ive been getting lost mid sentance. or unable to spell a basic word. or embarassingly, brainblocked as to the number after 5 (no im not kidding). its really weird. maybe all in my mind. but i really don't feel good and i don't know what to do.

no appetite either, after a raging one since i started this whole 'recovery' business. so confused. any help appreciated.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
What do you mean by "so much water".

Maybe wait and see if your symptoms vanish after a good night's sleep? Perhaps you're just having a space-cadet kind of day. :p

Breathe deeply

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
space cadet day? i like that . eheh.

yeah im gonna head to bed pretty much now (8pm) actually, bit dissapointing after being energised FINALLY up until now. ehhe. but thats ok. not sleepy, so much as physically crap. but it doesn't matter.

just gave into the urge to count calories, im 100 over. OVER. but letting it go..breathe..who cares...whatever...

anyway thanks for the post. i figured as much, but good to hear thats all it sounds like

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
it sounds like you are either having a space cadet day or you may be coming down with something.. either way, rest is a good thing!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

just gave into the urge to count calories, im 100 over. OVER. but letting it go..breathe..who cares...whatever...
I loved reading this!! That's right, let it go and breathe. 100 calories is NOTHIN'. Don't even worry about it!!

I agree with the space cadet day idea - I think if you just rest and make sure you're drinking enough fluids, you should be fine. See if you feel the same way tomorrow, okay?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im doing GREAT!!! thanks for asking
today was a day of doing things id been avoiding. now ive finished an essay i thought id be late on...a few nights early! so i can go out this weekend with friends, ..and i WILL! and i payed of a fine (ew..stupid trains..) and did the washing, did homework, and was so distracted that i barely thought about food. and when i did, i ate what i wanted! i dont know if it was perfect...but i was listening to ME. aaaa. happy.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i take back my joy.

i just waited and waited to go out to dinner. felt perfect. just the right fullness. could wait, but was hungry
a rare thing. its always either too ravenous then i eat and cancel or just not hungry. ANYWAY..

person i was going with was sick. and by that point i was too hungry to cook, so my balanced day of a little bit of crap and all good things and juuuust enough control turned into this crazy hunger, and i had 2 pieces of white processed toast (dinner at the restaurant was gonna be amazing brown rice risotto) , 2 (organic but still trashy) cookies, pasta sauce outta the jar, and yogurt (dairy. 2nd time today. first time i felt like a rebel). AAAAAAAAA. but i know i haven't eaten 'too much'. its not that. i just...hate feeling so freakin out of control. ive never felt like that. my heart's going so fast. SO fast. i feel sort of sick. but mainly dissapointed. and shaking. from like..the speed of it. or..something. aaa.
i feel awful. sigh.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I suggest you always keep 1 or 2 veggie vacuum or frozen meals in storage for emergencies. So you can have a "normal" meal when you feel hungry and not binge on anything you find lying around. Either that, or freeze your own (bean soup and brown bread would be good for those moments for instance). Also, you could think FRUIT. When you get a sudden urge, have an apple, a pear, a banana... it can tide you over to the next "real" meal. And how about vegetables with hummus dip ? (baby carrots, broccoli flowerets, etc). I am sure this would make you feel much more satisfied, and less worried about "processed" stuff.

Good luck !

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
miss belgium! how are you?

thank you! i really like the vacuum idea!! the processed stuff was a learning curve..its been a while since i reallllly did that. and i didn't die. so its not the end of the world. really gotta loosen up. its been a good week for doing that, i actually feel PROGRESS happening. at uni as well. its all good. and i dont feel sick now. really really tired, but not sick.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I am very tired myself but of course I have an auto-immune condition and a 5 year-old, both of which are factors that bring fatigue...

Could be you're just dealing with some seasonal fatigue. Are you on some multivitamin ? You may want to consider that, too... But the first rule when you feel tired is to make sure you get some more sleep !

Know what I do when I have an "urge" and I want something virtually calorie-less ? I do not have a sweet tooth at all, so I make popcorn ! Not the prepared kind, but from scratch. From dried kernels you can buy at a health food store. It's really easy to do, you can make it almost dry (just need a little oil) and you can add as little or as much salt as you wish.

·
Registered
441 Posts
would you describe it as 'brain fog'? dizzy, out of sorts, cannot focus, eyes are blurry, headache (but not a normal one)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts