VeggieBoards banner
241 - 260 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lentil burger today. Nice choice of brown bread with lentils, avocado, tomato and onions. Better than it sounds because it's one of those things where the whole is better than the taste of any of the individual things. A bowl of lentils is dull, but this rocks, this is the way to eat lentils. Tried the same thing at home in a restaurant, I thought both worked well.

They do have a tendency to fall apart,, so a knife and fork required to mop up at the end. You could probably find a better way to do it if you were a good cook.

·
Vegan, Mostly WFPB
275 Posts
Sauteed tofurkey italian sausages added to home made marinara sauce and served over mung bean noodles with a side salad of mustard/arugula/kale/spinach greens, tomatoes, red onion, celery, and cucumber topped with a little date syrup/mustard dressing. The hubby's born day eve dinner.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Lentil burger today. Nice choice of brown bread with lentils, avocado, tomato and onions. Better than it sounds because it's one of those things where the whole is better than the taste of any of the individual things. A bowl of lentils is dull, but this rocks, this is the way to eat lentils. Tried the same thing at home in a restaurant, I thought both worked well.

They do have a tendency to fall apart,, so a knife and fork required to mop up at the end. You could probably find a better way to do it if you were a good cook.
Would you like my tips? I always use something like ground flaxseeds or oatmeal for there binding quality. Red lentils work really well too, because they mush when cooked. I don't totally mash the beans to keep their texture, and be sure the mixture is like moist and somewhat sticky
the real tip is let the mix sit covered in the fridge a while to let the oats/flax/or breadcrumbs to absorb the wet ingredients, makes the patties hold their shape
I haven't made bean burgers in a long time! Used to be a staple!
I think that's what I'll be having for dinner!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Wow I'm obsessed with that sauce! Tonight I'm having rice noodles and stir fried veggies with spicy tahini sauce. :lol:
If you haven't, try brown rice with tahini sauce. I'm very picky with how rice tastes, but I think it's delicious with tahini sauce.

Reactions: Werewolf Girl

·
Vegan, Mostly WFPB
275 Posts
Green cabbage, carrot, veganaise, and golden raisin slaw with some leftover g/f elbow macaroni mixed in with some toasted sesame oil and sauteed broccoli, peas, baby portobellas, and red/yellow/orange bell peppers.

Reactions: Werewolf Girl

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Tell me more about this spicy tahini sauce!! It sounds awesome, I LOVE tahini!
It's really good! I don't have a solid recipe I tend to switch it up every time but it's roughly 1 tablespoon of tahini, a teaspoon of maple syrup, a teaspoon of sriracha and some garlic salt and/or minced garlic. Sometimes I add nutritional yeast. :lick:

Reactions: jaskins

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Fajitas :)

I stir fry several sliced red and green peppers, a couple of onions and then chuck in a drained tin of red beans. Then season liberally with a homemade fajita spice mix. That's the main filling, it goes on the table in a large pyrex bowl.

Also on the table are wholewheat wraps (heated in oven), a shredded crisp lettuce salad dressed in lime juice, and a bowl of easy tomato salsa (partially drained tin of chopped tomatoes, squirt of tomato ketchup, finely chopped red onion, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt).
Today I'm going to include a pile of grated vegan cheese to top it all off with - but I don't usually have that stuff in.

241 - 260 of 300 Posts