VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. I just checked the source on the article. It's the weekly world news. I was fooled for a split second. I was wondering why it was classed as "entertainment"

·
Registered
0 Posts
That sounds kinda creepy, but since it doesn't involve killing I guess I'd be ok with the idea. I still would not eat it though.

I have a question though, how do they get the cow's genes?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a satire article. I fell for it, until I noticed that the source was the weekly world news. Quite a few newspapers have fallen for their stories, like the one about the time-travelling stockbroker who came to 2003 to invest money. But they said that a man has successfully played the stock exchange, and claims that he is a time traveller, so it sounds realistic.

But if it was real, I probably wouldn't go for it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I dont think there actually would be a way to do that.

Because of the way the animal muscle is constructed,

It would be the same as them saying

"We can grow humans off trees" Its just not possible

Danny

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"Vegetarians have been complaining for years that despite their moral convictions against consuming meat, they still crave the flavor of a good steak once in a while. Now they can have their cake and eat it too. "

-------------------

(I know it's not serious)

Say what? I don't crave a steak. I didn't when I was an omni either. I wish the omnivore world would quit thinking I'm "abstaining" from or forcing myself from eating what I truelly want cuz I'm not

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"Some fanatical vegetarians insist they could never eat meat"

-----------------------

I hate these common attitudes! ... what's more fanatical slitting the throat of a pig or peeling a carrot. Man these idiots have some seriously messed up ideas.

·
Registered
701 Posts
LOL! Thank god it's a joke! At first I was going, "What!? Wait! How?!" and I was 30 seconds away from zapping it off to all of my friends via email before I read Loki's 2nd post. Whew.

Even if that were possible, I still could never eat it. Ew!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Assuming that it was possible, I know that I would never want it. Meat still tastes disgustign and is bad for ones health. Also I don't like GMO food.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Yup GMO = instant no for me, and meat from fruit... well, it's too far fetched to take seriously anyway.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
"We take the genes from cattle that produce key proteins and splice them into the reproductive cells of grapefruit trees," he says. "When the seeds mature into trees, instead of producing ordinary citrus fruit, the pulp contains meat. You get the flavor, texture -- even the smell."
(I know its fake...)

Im sorry but i dont recall eating genes from animals to be very vegetarian...

Danny

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I heard somewhere about animal genes being added to foods like bananas to make them have longer shelf lives?

·
Registered
0 Posts
My brother-in-law emailed this article to me (for what reason I could only guess). I was in shock initially, but then thought it was some terrible joke. Also...the comment about vegetarians craving steak really got on my nerves. I would like to declare that I have never and will never like steak. EW. Glad to know that it is a lame joke.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyKass

(I know its fake...)

Im sorry but i dont recall eating genes from animals to be very vegetarian...

Danny
Genes are in everything.

I suppose they can find cow-genes in milk....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts