VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
looking at compassionate leaders like martin luther king, jr. and gandhi, i think jesus would be vegan.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I don't necessarily think Jesus was, or would be, vegan. Or even vegetarian for that matter. But I don't think he would approve of how God's creatures are treated in factory farms. I can't see him taking a tour and then going out for a burger.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

My guess: Breast milk. Possibly formula.
That's too funny. Very clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

looking at compassionate leaders like martin luther king, jr. and gandhi, i think jesus would be vegan.
MLK was veg*n???

OP: I think it would depend on where Jesus was living. If he lived in a remote fishing village I imagine he would eat fish and other stuff. If he lived in the far north he'd probably eat seals and such. If he lived in many other places I imagine he probably would be veg*n.

Another slant on your question:

If Jesus was born today would he be pro-slavery, anti-slavery or indifferent.

When Jesus healed the centurian's slave he didn't request or demand the slave's freedom. I can't imagine that Jesus would do the same thing today -- I think he would heal the slave and free the slave. And one of Jesus' main disciples, Peter, when he wrote on slavery, said that the slaves should learn to accept harsh treatment from the slave owners. And he didn't give any advice to the slave owners to release the slaves. I think Peter would write very differently today.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I wonder if the world would even be the same if Jesus didn't come 2000 years ago. We can only begin to imagine how life would be different. A large portion of western society has evolved in Christianity. What would our date even be? You can use A.D. or C.E. but that doesn't change the fact that our calendar itself is based on the life of this man. This has been such a huge impact on our lives that its hard to even think of what would be different.

Saying that, God comes to where we are. Always has. The people at that time would not have been able to deal with animal rights - they weren't even ready for slave and women rights.

Today I believe that Jesus would be vegan. From the infrastructure of the first world nation, to our stage of society. I believe we would be ready for that sort of revelation. The garden of eden was vegan - of course we should strive for God's ideal. And I think that if God thought we were ready, He might just urge us to go that route.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think God wants us to be vegans. I disagree with you about womens rightes and slavery back in Jesusses time though. He showed a lot of respect for his mother and for Mary Magdalen, and that prostitue. And he didn't have any slaves. I know the bible doesn't say much about what he said about slaves but I think he just didn't have the time to deal with everything right? He was busy saving everybody in the world lol.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post

I think God wants us to be vegans. I disagree with you about womens rightes and slavery back in Jesusses time though. He showed a lot of respect for his mother and for Mary Magdalen, and that prostitue. And he didn't have any slaves. I know the bible doesn't say much about what he said about slaves but I think he just didn't have the time to deal with everything right? He was busy saving everybody in the world lol.
I think Mary Magdalen WAS that prostitute...

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some people say she was, but she wasn't the same one where Jesus said cast the first stone. That was a different lady.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.