VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
One thing we could use is a veg*an version of Hooters Restaurants, in which sexy waitresses walk around wearing skimpy outfits and the guys swear up and down that they're just there for the awesome vegan barbecued Buffalo wings (made from Gardein) and vegan beer. Once customers start flocking to those restaurants, the waitresses could take the opportunity to educate the customers on why veg*an is better for their health, for the animals,and for the environment. If the males are too busy staring at the waitresses' boobs to listen, there will be the same spiel in the menus and flyers available to take home.

It will work, seriously.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

One thing we could use is a veg*an version of Hooters Restaurants, in which sexy waitresses walk around wearing skimpy outfits and the guys swear up and down that they're just there for the awesome vegan barbecued Buffalo wings (made from Gardein) and vegan beer. Once customers start flocking to those restaurants, the waitresses could take the opportunity to educate the customers on why veg*an is better for their health, for the animals,and for the environment. If the males are too busy staring at the waitresses' boobs to listen, there will be the same spiel in the menus and flyers available to take home.

It will work, seriously.
Are you volunteering?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:

I'd volunteer in a heartbeat, but alas, they wouldn't want me. My boobs aren't sexy anymore.
pfff, those young 'uns don't know what they are missing.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:

It will work, seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Are you volunteering?
Quote:

I'd volunteer in a heartbeat, but alas, they wouldn't want me. My boobs aren't sexy anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

pfff, those young 'uns don't know what they are missing.
awesome idea....and it would probs work........agree about the young-uns

peace

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:

It will work, seriously.
I volunteer being ogled at for vegetarian in the mainstream.

Oh and do not forget http://www.meatlessmonday.com/. A start at least.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:

It will work, seriously.
Yesss.
Had I breasts, I would work there for free.
But if this gets going, I'll totally help out for free.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:

It will work, seriously.
that is the most amazing idea ever.
i'd volunteer, i have boobs and waitressing skills

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Quote:

It will work, seriously.
Sounds like an idea straight from PETA!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Off the Hooters topic, back to the link in the first post...
As an American who doesn't use the word "bloody" except for things that are actually covered in blood, I found this sentence disconcerting:
Quote:
there remains a strand of the meat-free community who revel in a form of self-regarding denial. Like not eating bloody bread.
But the author makes a good point:
Quote:
Persuading people of the virtues of a meat-free diet should be non-controversial. Without meat, you take a small number of domineering flavours and replace them with a huge range of other tastes instead. It's a diet that's varied, surprising and cheap, and most of all tasty. But until someone makes a case for vegetarianism in the mainstream, it will continue to be a badge for the righteous and a whipping boy for the traditionalists.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
That use of 'bloody' didn't even register with me. Blame Britcoms on PBS
It is pretty funny just on it's own line like that.

This article speaks to class issues, but seems relevant to making a case for meat-free eating to a meat-eating mainstream: http://www.classmatters.org/2006_07/its-not-them.php

Note I don't agree with everything the author says - I would argue that serving vegan food at a conference is a 'necessary weirdness' (to use the author's term) for example.

As an slightly off-topic aside, this piece (which I've had bookmarked for so long I can't remember how I first encountered it) reminds me of some fairly important issues in modern vegetarianism. With how often anti-vegetarians use arguments based on the perceived elitism of meat-free eating you'd think we'd have a better response. Often we either confirm the critics' fears or ignore them altogether.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sign me up to work for work at vegan Hooters.
I'd work there in a heartbeat, it would be fun spreading the message while also getting ridiculous tips from silly customers!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Quote:

PETA would be all over that and they've got the money to do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.