VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a spin off from some similar threads, what were you like as a baby/child?

My mother said I was a very quiet and curious baby. I slept through the night and was very easy going. Pretty much what I am like now (though I no longer sleep through the night.)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I was a saint, though my mom thought i was deaf, she use to bang pots by my ear and i wouldnt even flinch. I had to see the dr a bunch of times because of it. Turned out my hearing was fine, im just really good at ignoring my mom.

but growing up i was the child that parents use as a model: why cant you be more like majake? majake gets good grades why cant you? majake buries his bodies so no one finds them and you just put them anywhere.

my mom could never ground me cause i spent most of my time in my room anyway.

i had 2 brothers growing up, i got my own room, even though i was the middle one, cause i wasnt a slob.

i never read as a kid, just watched TV

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I was loud, obnoxious, I sang all the time, recited poems all the time (Shel Silverstein, baby
), I wanted to be Jewish because I like menorahs, I also wanted blond hair, I didn't realise there was a difference between boys and girls until my cousin got a boyfriend, and then, of course, I had to have one, too.

Since I have 3 brothers, I played with toys that were generally considered for boys use only, and I was teased a lot when I went to school.

I went to a hick school until 3rd grade. They thought I was a genius, there, because I could actually read.
At said hick school, I was sent to the higher grades for reading class. Then when I went to a city school, I became this hermit crab-like creature, because the other girls made fun of me because I read comic books and didn't shop at Limited Too.

In middle school, I was still a hermit crab. I also tried to fit in by acting/dressing like the other girls for a short period of time. That ended when I overheard one of my 'friends' saying "Omigosh, that weird girl, you know, Kat? Yeah, she, like, called me, and asked if I wanted to go to her house. Ugh!" After that, I hung out with boys more often, and I stopped wearing skirts. So, naturally, all those girls thought I was really a lesbian. "Ohmigosh, she actually spent the night at my house! Ugh! She could so totally have kissed me!"

Ah, memories...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I was the kid who always demanded that my rents pay attention solely to me. I took my good ole time sleeping through the night, and later in my early childhood, I had ear infections one right after another. I still wanted my parents' sole attention when my sister was born and I was 2, but I didn't receive it. I was mostly a loner, but I had a few friends come and go. Mostly go. I got on better in groups than with individuals because the moral expectations of the group often kept them from openly dissing me. I got along much better with adults. I read a lot. I first got online at the age of 12. I know pretty much what I did then in regards to computers. :p

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I was a complete TomBoy. I built a tree house myself and practically lived in it. My best friends were all boys. I hated school, but loved recess & PE I was a gifted athlete, but read well below my grade level. In the 6th grade, I set a new school record for the softball throw...then some boys teased me.

In 7th grade, I wanted the boys to see me as more than a chum, so I started dressing like a girl. My dream in 7th grade was to hold a certain boys hand...but alas, he chose my best friend.

Now, I hate sports & exercise, but I love to read.

I've always had strong opinions...that hasn't changed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I am the "baby" too. I adored my siblings, but I got *crushes* on most of my sister's boy friends...I was 8 & 9 and they were 18 & 19, but many of them were very sweet to me...took me to the beach & Dairy Queen etc. (even after my sister would dump them) Not having a father around...I ate it up.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
i was apparently a pretty immature boy in my elementary school years
i was constantly getting in trouble and getting notes home from teachers. it was mostly because i couldn't stop talking in class, especially my 'library' class. i grew out of this thankfully.

i also used to be extremely shy but i've finally been growing out of that. same goes for depression. come to think of it, i've pretty much made a complete 180 in just about every aspect of my life. heck, i even used to be a decently cute baby heh.

does anyone else have a hard time believing majake? :p

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Funk,

Actually, majake is keeping his mother there for her own protection. Were she allowed out, she would likely further the cause of omni-ism by eating things majake doesn't want her to. This way, she is always grateful to see him and gladly accepts any food that he brings to her.

Isn't that right, majake?

BTW, I honestly have no idea whether majake's mother is veg*n or omni.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.