VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take Biostrath Multi Mineral/Vitamine
Pro-oxidan (antioxidant) which sorted out all my allergies (awesome)
calc sulp (tissue salt for bad skin)
Before bed 2 calcium tablets.

Weekly Vitb12 injection.

that is it ... try to get in everything with my food

saw a nice soya isolate powder CHOCOLATE... going to buy it on Wednesday.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
2400IU vitamin D2 daily and very rarely a multivitamin, both from Deva. I take the D2 because it was the only thing that wasn't good or excellent in my blood tests.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I take a vegan B12 vitamin, I think it's 1000... And I take a vegan multivitamin which I've been falling behind on
Supposed to be 1 a day. Got a container with 60 capsules over a year ago and I've still got 10 or 15 left

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
calcium because my birth control says i need to.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
River did you know that you also need to drink VitB6 with your birthcontrol esp is your are getting pms and moods.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

River did you know that you also need to drink VitB6 with your birthcontrol esp is your are getting pms and moods.
I never did get PMS, I always had a very light period with next to no PMS, and I've been on the Depo shot for almost a year now, so I don't get a period anymore :p

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I take b12 spray 2 or so times a week. I also take vitamin D in the winter. Other than those I take spirulina daily and I also consume powders and stuff but these aren't at regular intervals and I wouldn't consider them vitamins. I also take chia seeds daily and hemp seeds almost daily.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RIVER - i was also on the injection for years. becareful thou as this depletes vitb's out of your system even more.

Take 5 - wonderful not to have to deal with periods or pms.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Deva 1-A-Day Multi Tabs (Iron Free)

I want to get a blood test before I start taking it with iron.... I think I get enough anyhow through my normal diet though.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

RIVER - i was also on the injection for years. becareful thou as this depletes vitb's out of your system even more.

Take 5 - wonderful not to have to deal with periods or pms.
I tend to run on 1300-2000% vitb's than is necessary, courtesy of fantastic super food powder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't take any vitamins. You know our ancestors didn't take them either. We should get all of our vitamins in our food. Did you know that most vitamins are now made in China?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I take a MegaFood Women's One Daily because I'm lazy and it's vegan and awesome.

I love MegaFood because they make their vitamins with whole food ingredients so they are easily absorbed and you can take them on an empty stomach. I was taking their B complex before and loving it but I decided I may as well go for a women's daily multivitamin since it has good stuff I might not get enough of on days when I eat too much junk.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whole wheat View Post

I don't take any vitamins. You know our ancestors didn't take them either. We should get all of our vitamins in our food. Did you know that most vitamins are now made in China?
If you're vegan you need to supplement B12 (unless you enjoy eating poop)

I'm not sure I understand that last question, are you saying Chinese people are shoddy vitamin manufacturers?

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whole wheat View Post

Yeah and our ancestors died at young ages due to minor things like infections and deficiencies caused by minor things that are easily prevented today.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

If you're vegan you need to supplement B12 (unless you enjoy eating poop)

I'm not sure I understand that last question, are you saying Chinese people are shoddy vitamin manufacturers?
Not when a large amount of food nowadays has b12 added due to meat eaters TOO getting b12 deficiency.

I don't take any vitamins or minerals. Eating healthily does that for you.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
These are the brands I use.

One-a-day to cover my bases in case I don't eat a completely balanced diet some days. No iron, because I'm sure I get enough each day from whole foods.

B12 once a day, for obvious reasons.

Vegan protein powder for days when I do extra exercise and am not in the mood to eat an entire extra meal.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I'm currently taking only Zinc and Vit D. I've stopped taking B12 for the mo as I had a shot a few months ago and my levels are high, so no need for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofulicious View Post

I don't take any vitamins or minerals. Eating healthily does that for you.
That's ok if you're a vegetarian, but as a vegan, trying to get all your needs from food is virtually impossible. You need a B12 supplement at the very least.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.