VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>
I'm new to these boards and the whole veg/vegan life style in general. I became lacto/ovo at the beginning of July and am surprised to note I don't actually miss meat at all. This month I'm taking the next step and going vegan or actually nearly vegan in terms of diet since I will prob have a piece of cake on my birthday wich will most likely have eggs and or milk. Also I'm not sure if the pasta and tortillas I bought have any animal products or not. Honestly I didn't even consider that they might until reading this and the Weight Watchers vegetarian board. So anyways I'm about to be a quarter century... live with the fiance... our cat Thor the kitty god of thunder and lightening and a house guest. Oh yeah and the fiance and I are both blind. Note this site was actually made with screen readers being taken into consideration. There are *secret* promps that only screen readers can see. So kudos to whoever made this site. I don't know any other vegans besides myself anywhere near me and only 2 vegetarians that I see only for Winter Solstace so I hope these forums will be a good place to find like minded people and virtual buds. Currently I'm doing Weight Watchers online and hope to go from 210lbs to 125lbs. I'm also tracking on My Fitness Pal to make sure I get enough protein, calcium. fat grams ect. I'm also hoping to get back on the band wagon with exercise and do bellydance yoga and walking all on DVD. Ok I think I've rambled enough. To anyone who might read this entire post I salute you.<br><br>
Audrey

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hello and welcome, Audrey! So happy you found us. I am also on My Fitness Pal. I am hoping to go from 250 pounds to 125 pounds. If you would like a friend at My Fitness Pal, my screen name there is also PeaceLoveKnit. Look forward to getting to know you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tonya I will def add you on My Fitness Pal. You'll be my first frind lol. May take me a bit though as I've only checked out their food diary and recipe builder.<br><br>
Audrey

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB, Audrey! I'm in the southern part of the state, the Los Angeles area, specifically. Where in central Cali are you? Just curious.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amy I love your quote. We totally work for our cat. I live in a tiny farm town near Modesto CA. Originally from San Jose though. It's def different here, no Whole Foods or 24hr bus lines. On the other hand the crime rate here is almost nil and everyone is super nice and really looks out for each other. Oh and it's crazy cheap. I went from a $1400 2 bedroom apt to a $700 2 bedroom apt... insane. So a fair trade me thinks.<br><br>
Audrey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts