VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this quiz and thought it was really interesting - the describe all different types of vegetarianism:

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...client=vegtype

My results:

Rank

#1 equals your best match

Your results are below...

#1 Vegan - Consciously eats no food of animal origin.. purchases no products of animal origin.. purchases nothing tested on animals

#2 Dietary Vegan - Eats no food of animal origin

#3 Freegan - will not purchase anything non-vegan, but eats food containing dairy or eggs when it is free and would otherwise go to waste

#4 Pure Vegetarian - Eats no meat, dairy, eggs, or gelatin

#5 Lacto Vegetarian - Vegetarian who consumes dairy

#6 Ovo Vegetarian - Vegetarian who consumes eggs

#7 Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian - Vegetarian who includes animal products like eggs and dairy in diet.

#8 Pesco "Vegetarian" - Eats fish and other aquatic animals, but no other animals

#9 Pollo "Vegetarian" - Eats poultry (birds), but no other animals

#10 Wannabe Vegetarian - Claims to not eat meat, but still eats dead animals

#11 Meagan - Freegan who will eat meat when it is free and would otherwise go to waste

#12 Pesco-Pollo "Vegetarian" - Eats aquatic animals and birds but abstains from eating mammals

#13 Omnivore - Eats just about anything/anyone

·
Registered
0 Posts
it doesn't work. It keeps ranking me as one who eats eggs or dairy when I said no to those.

I know what I am. I'm a very strict vegetarian who eats honey sometimes and mostly tries to purchase no products that have to be manually taken from an animal's body, dead or alive.

rigmarole

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Freegan - will not purchase anything non-vegan, but eats food containing dairy or eggs when it is free and would otherwise go to waste

The questions weren't good for me. I had to answer yes to eating gelatin bc it was lumped with other byproducts. I also couldn't say, yes, I eat dairy, but not often.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Mine had the "Freegan" thing too... Don't think it's really accurate though... with the exceptional thing of egg/dairy 1-2x a week in vegetarian foods (that I can't avoid unless I want to starve), I don't eat those either...

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm a lacto-vegetarian.

There is no such thing as a pollo or pesco vegetarian. In fact, the terms are oxymorons. (like military intelligence)

In other words, a person who eats fish or poultry (or any other type of animal flesh) is not a vegetarian in any way,shape, or form.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts