VeggieBoards banner

What type of cuisine do you "normally" cook?

• East Asian (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indian

• American

• Mexican

• European

• African

• S. American

• Pacific Island

• Other (or you have no idea)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And maybe what is your favorite.

I find myself cooking a LOT of asian style food - lots of varieties (not just stir fry) but typically asian. Or Indian. And I've gotten pretty far from cooking stereotypical american food, which is what I used to cook almost exclusively before going veg - and even when I first started (pot pies, pizzas, casseroles, etc).

Just curious what most people tend to cook....

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I cook a variety, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Singaporean, Thai, mediteranian. But when I get lazy or I'm in a food rut, I just revert to the trusty old stir fry or miso ramen soup. So I ticked Asian.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Chose "other" because my cooking style is more of a international melting pot. In the same meal I mix indian with chinese and American - or - mexican with italian and american. Nobody gets bored at my house.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Once again, I need check boxes instead of radio buttons. On any given day, we might cook stir fry, refried beans, curry, or mashed potatoes... or I might just eat a plate of raw veggies.
I don't have a typical cuisine style.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I'm kinda "all over" too. Mostly it's Mexican, but other nights, it might be an American knock-off, psuedo-Italian, somewhat Asian, or whatever I feel like doing that night. As long as my food is vegan, it doesn't matter where it's from, regionally.

That's why I picked "other".

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
My husband is American born Vietnamese, so we eat a lot of Asian-style food around my house (especially in the summer since it's usually so quick & easy). Lots of different kinds of stirfries (with rice noodles, rice, egg noodles, etc), spring rolls, noodle & veg soups, curries, tempura/panko battered veggies, tofu, and meat analogues, etc. We love Mexican food, too, so we have that sometimes, too.

In the fall/winter, I tend to take over the kitchen with my chili, soups, stews, and casseroles. I love Italian-style and Mexican-style food too, but my husband can't stomach tomato-based sauces (he has a digestion problem with acidic foods), so I don't make a lot of Italian food at home unless I'm by myself at night. We still have a lot of stir fries though and curry. We love curry around here.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I mostly cook Chinese, Thai, Middle Eastern, Mexican and Italian dishes. Of course they're usually my versions of these cuisines and not very traditional, but I like the flavors and seasonings associated with these foods best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts