VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been eating Papa John's pizza with no cheese. Their toppings aren't great though; just artichokes, olives, mushrooms. I don't care for onions and peppers because it's a waste of money for a topping. I add broccoli to the pie at home. Is there anything else I could add to make it more filling? What do you like?

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I will grill mushrooms and peppers. Onions, garlic, and sriratcha sauce or pesto as an alternate to plain tomato sauce. I love olives as a topping, too...Broccoli on pizza, I'm gonna have to give that a try.

ETA: Also zucchini slices, tomato slices, garlic and basil, and perhaps cauliflower, as well. Never tried the cauliflower, but if you like broccoli, perhaps cauliflower will be good, too...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Pineapple.

Everything else is nice and all, but pineapple is what will make or break my pizza experience.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm B Free View Post

Their toppings aren't great though; just artichokes, olives, mushrooms. I don't care for onions and peppers because it's a waste of money for a topping. I add broccoli to the pie at home. Is there anything else I could add to make it more filling? What do you like?
Artichokes, olives, and mushrooms are some of my favorite things to put on pizza
Normally I have a vegan pizza with Daiya mozzarella, artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. But if you're looking for other ingredients, you could have sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, roasted garlic, a little basil... and if you're looking for something more filling, you could add veggie ground or sliced veggie sausages. Or maybe some kind of Southwestern pizza, with veggie chicken strips, vegan ranch dressing, green peppers and onions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

Pineapple.
Absolutely. I think it would be really good with vegan pepperoni. Although I'm hoping to find something better than the Yves pizza pepperoni slices.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Can you make your own pizza? I find that homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust is more filling. I make mine half whole wheat, but I use white wheat flour, so it doesn't seem like whole wheat. My favorite toppings are Yves pepperoni and black olive or mushroom. I use half a pound of Creminis.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

Can you make your own pizza? I find that homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust is more filling. I make mine half whole wheat, but I use white wheat flour, so it doesn't seem like whole wheat. My favorite toppings are Yves pepperoni and black olive or mushroom. I use half a pound of Creminis.
Yes, it is easy peasy.
I make my own dough using either spelt or kamut flour. My favourite topping is Napolitain; tomato coulis and vegan mozarella, black olives with a sprinkle of origano. Delicious.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
After discovering the Make your Own pizza place at ASDA, Its great to get cheeseless pizza...14 inch costs £4...with 4 toppings included..
I get Onions, peppers,pineapple and mushrooms...and garlic oil
If I was making my own at home Id have,mushrooms, onions, garlic and spinach...my absolute favourate pizza topping is spinach...

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

Pineapple.

Everything else is nice and all, but pineapple is what will make or break my pizza experience.
I too am a pineapple fanatic.

With typical restaurant pizza, the cheese is all it really has going for it. They're using cheap dough and crappy toppings..

When I make it at home, different story. Homemade dough, homemade tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, green olives, as much garlic as I can handle, and yes, a ****load of pineapple, maybe some Yves meatless pepperoni if I feel like splurging. If the toppings are good, the cheese isn't necessary.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Tomatoes, vegusto melty cheese and the vegusto cheese wich is already liquid ( forgot the name of this one ), some paprika and garlic, NO mushrooms ^^
and some herbs, whatever i have under hand.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
PINEAPPLE.
Pineapple & sweetcorn.

Or I really like garlic, pesto, spinach...anything like that. Generally lots & lots vegetables & peppers, as long as they're still pretty crunchy.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Roasted peppers, mushrooms, aubergines, courgettes, herbs de Provence, ground black pepper, drizzle of balsamic vinegar, rocket and drizzle of chilli olive oil.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Bah, just because you keep talking about it, I'm going to make my own cheeseless pizza tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Putting fries on pizza?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wild mushrooms with truffle oil and chilli oil on top. Had that last week. It was amazing.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts