VeggieBoards banner

What to Order (at Student of the Month lunch)

866 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  cftwo 
#1 ·
So, I got student of the month at my school. As a reward, I'm supposed to be going to a lunch where the Rotary Club and my principal's have meetings. I'm going to a local convention center for the lunch. I'm vegan, and I highly doubt veggie burgers or the like will be available to me. What do I order? A salad without dressing and cheese?

#3 ·
Yeah, just call ahead and talk to someone there. There might be something already on the menu you can have, or perhaps they can veganise something for you.

#4 ·
In professional sorts of situations (i.e. the welcome luncheon at my new internship this past year), I tend to ask whoever invited me if there will be a vegan option available to me so that I can be sure to pack a lunch if not. Often, that is enough for the host to ensure that there will be! (And if not, I have lunch anyway!) I like that method of asking because it doesn't sound pushy or demanding or like you EXPECT there to be something for you, but it makes them aware of your needs, and people are often eager to please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.